MARSH FARM.

tinca steve

I'm going there tomorrow and saw this on their website. I phoned up to clarify the situation and they said that if you bring your own net they will inspect it to see if it's dry and if ok you can fish through to closing time after the shop closes. I've checked their website and since I first looked earlier in the week it has been amended to say this. Looking forward to it and the weather looks good too!

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going there tomorrow and saw this on their website. I phoned up to clarify the situation and they said that if you bring your own net they will inspect it to see if it's dry and if ok you can fish through to closing time after the shop closes. I've checked their website and since I first looked earlier in the week it has been amended to say this. Looking forward to it and the weather looks good too!

Just to add, the rules section of the website does not appear to have been amended but the Day Ticket section and News Section has.

http://www.marshfarmgodalming.co.uk/News/news.htm

http://www.marshfarmgodalming.co.uk/Day_Ti...Day_Tickets.htm

Bearing in mind the catch reports are from April last year they ain't too great at keeping the site up to date!

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

in my personal opinion if you cant do overnight fishing it's no good. sounds like a waste of time and seems they after every penny. anyone live near me? if so i will let you lot know of good still water or if anyone is wanting to trek to devon let me know :D

in my personal opinion if you cant do overnight fishing it's no good. sounds like a waste of time and seems they after every penny. anyone live near me? if so i will let you lot know of good still water or if anyone is wanting to trek to devon let me know :D

It's just a 3 lake day ticket water, what's the problem with that? £10 for two rods! It's owned by the Godalming Angling Society, who have night fishing waters, but with Marsh Farm they are offering non-members a chance to catch some really nice Tench,Crucians and silver fish. It's also thought that a record Crucian will come from there some time. Admittedly the net rule seemed a bit restrictive but as I've pointed out they seem to have modified this. I've been mainly carp fishing behind alarms for a while (when work allows) but want to watch a float or a tip for a change, this is a good venue for this. Last time I was there I had Crucians over 2lb and several Tench topped by a 6 pounder.

Just to add, the rules section of the website does not appear to have been amended but the Day Ticket section and News Section has.

http://www.marshfarmgodalming.co.uk/News/news.htm

http://www.marshfarmgodalming.co.uk/Day_Ti...Day_Tickets.htm

Bearing in mind the catch reports are from April last year they ain't too great at keeping the site up to date!

The website never has been updated on a regular basis but a call to the on site tackle shop has always provided me with all the relevant info.

Is by no means as prolific as in the early years of its existence but the chance of a huge "true" crucian puts it in a pretty unique position, well certainly one that is open to all.

but the chance of a huge "true" crucian puts it in a pretty unique position

Not to sure how true they are considering that a twenty pound common was caught out of there and as far as I know was put back in. !!

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.
IT ONLY WORKS PROPERLY WHEN IT IS OPEN.

Was there today and had no problems the guy in the shop inspected my landing net deemed it acceptable so i was good to go!

No problems staying on either after the shop shut as well although i left a bit earlier than i would have liked but that was my choice rather than observing a fishery rule.

Was there today and had no problems the guy in the shop inspected my landing net deemed it acceptable so i was good to go!

No problems staying on either after the shop shut as well although i left a bit earlier than i would have liked but that was my choice rather than observing a fishery rule.

And did you catch?

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I went to Marsh Farm on Friday to go for the tench and crucians - great you would think, well so did I at the beginning. For the same price as last year I bought my ticket, then I was told that I MUST use their teeny weeny pan landing net ( about 12" X 15" )with a deposit of £10-- OK so far, then you are told you must hand your net back in to get your money back and be off the fishery by 5.30 pm.

The last thing I needed after driving for 1and 1/2 hours to get there for opening time @07.30 was to be told that my return trip around the M25 would be at the peak of traffic, it was a very slow trip home.

I WILL NOT BE RETURNING.

Just telling you so you do not have the trouble as me.

Hello Steve, :mellow:

Steve, if you want to 'see rules' don't ever go to the 'Angel Of The North' fishery located on the south side of Gateshead - Tyne & Wear, very near the 'Angel of The North' totem it is. You've 'got to get them' to open the gate, this is done remotely via the office further down the site. Then, there's a partial CCTV system in operation; you've GOT to use their pellets & stuff, there's a 'no lifting out' rule in operation, even for tiddlers; landing nets only & if you give them any back chat, 'out you go bloody quick 'with no refund'. I'm told that they hope to have the machine gun towers erected before the season is over.

Mind you, & in all fairness, the fishing is first class! :)

Back to your mention. I always thought the unwritten rule was, in terms of fishing time. 'dawn to dusk'. You're right to be annoyed re. being chucked-out at 5.30pm, a bit early is that at this time of the year. You're like me, you try to avoid the 'busy times', common sense if nothng else.

Better luck next time, somewhere else perhaps.

WJ :)

And did you catch?

C.

Yes a pretty good day three Crucians five Tench a couple of Perch and a shedload of small Rudd.Actually this is the first time in all my visits to Marsh Farm that i have caught species other than Crucians and Tench, all on 6ml flavoured expander pellets.