Rumours

Tony U

Not the only "blindness" either Budgie. There are some on here who seem to doubt everything, almost without any thought or experience. They need to spend more time on the bank and less on the computer.

Den

Would be great to be able to fish all the time but work and family get in the way! That said I've been fishing for almost 20 years and this is the first time I've ever heard (nevermind actually seen!) of anything like this happening!

Rich

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not aimed specificaly at you Richard :) but just 'cos you haven't seen it, does not make it any less true. Several comments like.."pike only bite thro tight lines"........"April fools day".........."Absurd"..........."Absolute rubbish" etc etc etcera bloody etcetera.....

Why not just come out with it and call me and others I know it has happened to, liars and fools?

As to whether pike should be "culled" (why not say killed? ) no way should it happen.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Sorry Den, it sounds like absolute rubbish to me, but it's rather a leap from that to then call you and people you know liars and fools.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I'd be amazed if that's what's causing all those severed lines.

I haven't been around as long as you but I've been around long enough to know that clubs are often run by people who are ignorant at best and almost always have a secret agenda. You must know that!

(I'm not saying you or your club are ignorant or have a secret agenda B) )

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Not aimed specificaly at you Richard :) but just 'cos you haven't seen it, does not make it any less true. Several comments like.."pike only bite thro tight lines"........"April fools day".........."Absurd"..........."Absolute rubbish" etc etc etcera bloody etcetera.....

Why not just come out with it and call me and others I know it has happened to, liars and fools?

As to whether pike should be "culled" (why not say killed? ) no way should it happen.

Den

I'm not saying it doesn't happen! Just it can't be that common if I've never heard it in 20 years! Hom many days a year do you fish? How many times does it happen to you?

Rich

Den

It's one thing if people believe you are misinformed Den. It's another to call you a liar. I don't think anyone is calling you a liar.

A fool though?....well that's another subject entirely..... :P

Regards...Andy

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

As far as memory goes, it has happened twice at Sutton No2, twice at MKF Loggies and, strangely enough twice on the Kennet. The second time at Sutton I saw the pike swimming slowly past and the line began to tighten, and then just went slack.

The first time on the Kennet (the big double bend on the Lower Benyons) I had the same sort of slow dragging of the line, lifted and a HUGE pike appeared and started to pull slowly upstream before the line again got bitten thro'.

Second time was on the Lower Benyons.

In all cases the line was well clear of the bottom where it got bitten thro.

I have also been fishing next to my mate Ted and it has happened to him...I think at least twice in recent years.

Not a "common" occurence but maybe due to the time a carpers line is in the water the chances are higher.

Not familiar with the report, but it is quite possible there HAS been an explosion of jacks in that lake, with a corresponding increase in the likelyhood of it happening.

Aimed generally, I have to say here, that the very fact it is carpers complaining seems to set some people off, in the same way that I tend to jump th their defence :) and saying/writing that "I don't believe it" is the same as calling a person a liar

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

Hehehe...well Den I don't think you are a liar nor anyone else who says pike bite through lines, I believe that has been an accepted fact since pike first appeared.

But to bite through so many lines and be such a serious problem that Carp Anglers want a cull because they can't fish....That is the biggest load of Bull***t and B*****ks I have ever heard.

It's either a very late April Fools Day joke or moaning and whining from anglers who don't deserve to be called anglers, I wonder how they can even find their rears maybe they all have Sat nav's.

A cull of pike under such circumstances is even less sensible than proposing the removal of all non indigenous fish well at least those that have been introduced in the last 100 years... Wait a mo that might be a good idea...(that should cause an outcry)...hehehe

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Aimed generally, I have to say here, that the very fact it is carpers complaining seems to set some people off, in the same way that I tend to jump th their defence :) and saying/writing that "I don't believe it" is the same as calling a person a liar

Glad you said it Den as I was tempted to mention it! Ive noticed how you often leap to carp,carpers and carp angling's defence often as if its a personal attack. We've crossed swords because of this once or twice over the years despite being (or at least I like to think so especially as youve been a life long "Angling Hero" of mine) friends!

I realised quickly despite an early mistake that you to dont like the bad side of modern fishing no matter what the species.I couldn't understand why you were so defensive all the time..............

Until I remembered what it was like when I was heavily into my carping in the 80's.Then everyone seemed to be picking on carp anglers and we were very much (as Den certainly knows) in the minority.Complaining about us bivvying up,moaning about what bait we used etc etc etc.No matter what you did they would whine! we were the Cormorants/Poles of the day!

Times have changed now and carp,carp anglers etc are now in the majority so call the shots!

Its just as wrong for the carp guy to "dominate" the match/pleasure guy as it was for them to "pick on us" back then.If more people were all round anglers then this wouldnt happen as there would be a bit more mutual understanding and respect.

Dens just reacting from a "knee jerk" type thing! As for the majority on here Im sure they respect you as much as I do mate and when they criticize carp stuff it most certainly isn't aimed at you or for that matter an awfull lot of carpers. Often your replies (if not taken personally) are most helpful in enabling people (non carp anglers as in never done it) to understand why things are and also that not all carp anglers are the same as neither are all of any type.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Fair do's Budgie, but you may also have noticed that I don't comment on things I know nothing about or have no experience of. I always try to clarify/give an example when offering an opinion or advice, and to be told I am mistaken or misinformedis not very nice.

I don't just defend carpers, I defend any form of angling, it's just that there seems to be a LOT of posters on AN who consider anything carp to be wrong. jealousy, most of it, which is why I post so many pics of big ones :D

Den

saying/writing that "I don't believe it" is the same as calling a person a liar

Den

No it isn't. Just because person A believes one thing and person B doesn't, that doesn't automatically make person A a liar.

If you said "There's a God" or "We've been visited by aliens" and I reply with "I don't believe it", that doesn't necessarily mean I think you're a liar. I'd just think you were misinformed or you had your own beliefs/ideas, which you'd be entitled to.

A liar is someone who intentionally misrepresents what they know or believe to be the truth or makes up stories which have no basis in truth, usually for some kind of personal gain.

I'm not sticking up for anyone here Den. I just don't think anyone thinks you're a liar.

If you don't believe me, does that mean I'm a liar or does it simply mean your ideas differ from mine?

.....Andy.....

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...