Safe Pike Fishing

Elton

This article should provide enough information for a good debate...

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I can see the use of multiple rods coming to an end because this is sensitive area of controversy among anglers and will give those who love imposing laws, restrictions, rules and regulations on anyone and everyone a golden opportunity, to further restrict the people of this country.

The writing is on the wall Ladies and Gentlemen, so fellow anglers take heed agree together on a safe distance. Or risk the possibility of loosing the use of multiple rods.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Restrict them from what, harming fish? Pike are one of our most delicate species and need to be fished for and handled sensitively. That just sounds like an excuse to write a Daily Mail like rant to me!

"Life is much too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

I enjoy my fishing, it's a pleasure and a challenge. I like to spend 100% of my time watching one rod, not 50% watching each of two or 33% watching each of three........or, come to that, sitting in a tent watching Deadenders waiting for an alarm to go off!

I know that a lot of people on this forum use multiple rod setups successfully but it's not for me. The legislation (like it or not) allows the use of multiple rods but gives strict guidelines about how they should be spaced. There is little predictability to fishing and if I can reduce the risk of possible injury to fish or damage to tackle, or even just having to sit and untangle several lines then I will.

Also I suppose is the fact that the rivers I fish generally don't allow for multiple rod setups due to the bank/water conditions.

The bloke broke laws aimed at fish welfare and got caught and hammered.........fair cop!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I enjoy my fishing, it's a pleasure and a challenge. I like to spend 100% of my time watching one rod, not 50% watching each of two or 33% watching each of three........or, come to that, sitting in a tent watching Deadenders waiting for an alarm to go off!

I know that a lot of people on this forum use multiple rod setups successfully but it's not for me. The legislation (like it or not) allows the use of multiple rods but gives strict guidelines about how they should be spaced. There is little predictability to fishing and if I can reduce the risk of possible injury to fish or damage to tackle, or even just having to sit and untangle several lines then I will.

Also I suppose is the fact that the rivers I fish generally don't allow for multiple rod setups due to the bank/water conditions.

The bloke broke laws aimed at fish welfare and got caught and hammered.........fair cop!

Like WORMS I have no sympathy for the angler who was caught, nor do I ever use more than one rod but I realise a lot of you guys and girls do and articles like this coupled with discussions and complaints even on here over the limits of rod spacing and the unfairness of being limited to two rods per license, just give more ammunition to those who would restrict everyone to sitting watching soaps on television and only going out to shop at Tesco''s.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

It was only in recent years (4-5 years maybe?) that Scottish fishing laws were amended, to allow for the use of multiple rod setups and banksticks, because those in charge realised that pikers were essentially breaking the law and the revenue that pikers brought to the economy, could have been lost, had the old law stood as it was.

Until then, you were only allowed to use one rod and that had to held at all times. Anything else was deemed a 'fixed engine', which is exactly why Tommy Morgan's pike 'record' never stood, because he had his rod roped to a tree, while he rowed a boat out to place his bait.

I'd hate to see to see the law reversed.

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...