london

john39

hello all is there anyone from london who is genuine like myself who can teach me how to make pole rigs and some basic advice someone i can go fishing with i dont drive but will pay petrol bill i would be very gratefull cheers all.

You sound quite young to me so for your own safety I suggest you join a local fishing club or look on the net for tuition and fishing coaches.

English by birth, a Cockney by the Grace of God and an Angler by choice and design and very proud of it.

hello all is there anyone from london who is genuine like myself who can teach me how to make pole rigs and some basic advice someone i can go fishing with i dont drive but will pay petrol bill i would be very gratefull cheers all.

What part of London are you in John ?

Hey John

You can find a lot of help and tips on the internet regarding how to tie pole rigs. I would suggest you find a canal somewhere in London (I'm sure there would be one near you) and start fishing there. You would be amazed by the amount of people that would stop and ask questions or either give advise. Otherwise go for a walk (or cycle) on a weekend next to the canal and you will quickly find some anglers who will love to help you out. Ask them lots of questions, most anglers are very friendly and would love to give you advise.

I live in London and have done lots of fishing of various kinds but these days I'm just too busy at work to be able to help. Try and join a fishing club (as suggested earlier). That is the quickest way that you will learn.

Good luck!

John,

I'm involved with a project at the moment up in Trent Park in North London ( nearest station Oakwood on the Piccadilly Line ) with an entusiastic chap called Dave Gibson whose project it is. We're up there most weekends and in exchange for a few hours of graft ( bit of litter picking, pruning, etc ) I'm sure that our volunteers young and old would only be too happy to take you onto one of the lakes and give you plenty of tips. I know it's the other side of the water to you but if you're interested PM me your parents telephone number and either myself or Dave will give them a call and explain what we're all about.

Dave

Bartman, I'm not too far away from Trent Park, if you need an extra pair of hands any time, let me know.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Bartman, I'm not too far away from Trent Park, if you need an extra pair of hands any time, let me know.

Sory Jed, we draw the line at Spurs fans ! :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though mate, we're up there nearly every weekend ( I think Dave G lives in the foliage there ). Let me know when you can make it and I'll pm directions.

There is an article on Dave G's efforts on the News section of this forum but I'm too thick to create a link !!! Was a small snippet in the Anglers Mail a couple of weeks back also. Still in the early stages so any volunteers gratefully received.

Dave ( B )

P.S Any new volunteers will need to be known by an alias though as all these Daves get a bit confusing !

Edited by Bartman