Places to camp around Loch awe

Bearface

Hi guys

I'm a keen angler and have been to Loch Awe for the past two years with my friends to enjoy a bit of the wilderness experience while trying to catch myself a trout or two! However for the past few years I've not bee all that successful, we travel a long way to get to the Loch (8hrs) and would love to maximise my chances of getting a pull or two! Can anyone reccomend a few good spots for catching trout off the bank and are those locations any good for camping (2 small tents max).

Cheers

Hi guys

I'm a keen angler and have been to Loch Awe for the past two years with my friends to enjoy a bit of the wilderness experience while trying to catch myself a trout or two! However for the past few years I've not bee all that successful, we travel a long way to get to the Loch (8hrs) and would love to maximise my chances of getting a pull or two! Can anyone reccomend a few good spots for catching trout off the bank and are those locations any good for camping (2 small tents max).

Cheers

hi there, I have been fishing loch awe for about 15 years now, there are hundreds of good spots all over the place, the best spot is definitely at the fish farm at the pass of branda!! plenty of escaped rainbow trout and some really big brownies. camping can be tricky, however, there are some spots to get the tents up! here is your best chance of catching some really good fish from the banks!! :thumbs:

Hi guys

Cheers

hi

i fish the loch regularly but camping without landowners permission isnt advisable-there are a few areas worth a try-pass of brander (near the cages).ardbrecknish boat yard or the area inbetween loch awe village and the pass of brander,

• 3 weeks later...
hi

i fish the loch regularly but camping without landowners permission isnt advisable-there are a few areas worth a try-pass of brander (near the cages).ardbrecknish boat yard or the area inbetween loch awe village and the pass of brander,

Free booklet showing fishing marks and fishing methods. Have a look !!

http://fishinginuk.co.uk/pages/book_loch_awe1.htm

Tight Lines