Transparency For The Magnificent Seven

Elton

I remember this article, with particular reference to these lines:

We look forward very much to working with them in a spirit of full transparency and cooperation. We welcome their expert guidance in building a successful and effective organisation to represent all angling in the future.

which is why I was somewhat surprised by the comments Martin Bowler made in Carp And Coarse Angler:

CCA: Any news or updates from the Angling Trust?

MB: No.

CCA: Nothing at all?

MB: To be blunt, I haven't a bloody clue what they're up to. At first, when they were keen for publicity because their numbers were dwindling, they were keeping us informed, but once the 'names' were on board and their membership increased they suddenly seemed to be reluctant to continue the dialogue. I've had no correspondence from them for over two months, now, and neither have any of the anglers I've spoken to who helped them to promote their cause.

We agreed to give them publicity in return for an opportunity to air the views of the general angler but our views didn't match theirs. They purport to represent the everyday angler but in fact, they live in a kind of grey world where they are unwilling to rock the boat in the name of angling, and it's a great shame.

I haven't a clue what's going on and feel like giving up, to be honest. I'm sorry that they don't communicate, and if the Angling Trust continues to operate as it is at the moment, then it's a sorry state for the future of angling. That said, I still feel people should join and make a difference and change the organisation from within.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Well Im going to say it "TOLD YOU SO" same old story every time.When are you who either haven't been around long enough to see history constantly repeating itself or are just to stubborn or thick to read the available information going to pull your heads out of your ar$$es?

Ive actually stopped reading the AT threads now because they are stuck in some kind of perpetual loop! I just dont know how Steve C etc have the willpower to keep trying to open peoples eyes! Ive long given up.

I get criticized for not taking part in angling politics but can those who decry me for giving it all up long ago now see why? Just like our countries politics its the same old people trying to get us to support them so they can get their own noses in the trough just different names and false promises. No integrity no knowledge and Im afraid in a lot of cases no real interest or passion in what they claim to be about.

Some of the names most likely feel just as let down as Martin does as they thought by lending their names and support something good would come about for angling.............but sadly just as many were no doubt just wanting to get on the band wagon for their own advancement and any spills from the trough. Gobblers the lot of them and as for the "I want to climb up on the horse with them" sheep well the auto censor wont let me word my true feelings.

WAKE UP!

And just like national politics there is simply no alternative because no one would support "new" "unknown" people.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Yaaaaaawwwwwn.... Oh, are the Angling Trust still going then? I thought they'd curled up in a corner and died.

It's getting a bit boring now isn't it? Just a bunch of Do Gooders and Do Nothings.