Would sea anglers benifit from a free licence?

I hope you are better informed about your other points than this one.

The "Yanks" as you so patronisingly call them, have large monetary prizes on "Bass" yes..........FRESHWATER bass, largemouth, and smallmouth.

Well Captain Cojones it’s the first time I have ever shown a collective to be superior and then be accused of looking down on them how strange? Glad that a real American, (Newt) doses not see it in your politically correct manner; you will be calling me a bigot next. But then you have also not heard of striped bass it would seem. The event to which I refer was on American Television while on my last visit to the states, it was a competition on an Island the name of which escapes me but the purse for the event dose not nor the superb specimens that were brought to the beach the like of which are as rare here in the UK as rocking horse poo. (I refer to our native species which do grow to a similar size as can be seen on my web site) Many thanks for the welcome Newt. However is there any chance for an answer to my original question from any one? :rolleyes:

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have absolutely no clue about the prize money available at the various striped bass tourneys. I do know that quite a few are held and some are even held on fresh water venues since the fish can easily adapt to fresh water as long as the water is largish, deep, and they can find shoals of bait fish in open water to feed on. A quick Google search for striped bass tournament will give you all sorts of information.

I may be totally out of date and non-PC but I've always considered "Yanks" in pretty much the same light as "Brits" or "Aussies" as an identifier. It may have been intended as an insult in years past but not so much these days.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/newsmedia/rele.../?req=20070328a

The 1 million dollar prize for largemouth bass.

http://www.stripedbassderby.com/SBD/Liberty08.htm

The 100,000 dollar prize for anyone catching a striped bass over a certain size,(50 Lbs) otherwise the top prize is just 1,000 dollars.

I thought you said that british bass grew to the same size as Striped bass?......And yes i have fished in the U.S.A.

Alright then. No, a free licence would not benefit sea anglers. :D

OK Steve If a free license wont help the RSA demonstrate there numbers. How would you suggest they could make there concerns known given as you may have gathered my concern is that of failing fish stocks. I assume we are agreed that this is indeed a problem.

As for you Captain Cojones the UK Fish of the Year 2008 can be seen here;- http://www.rodbenders.net/index_files/HallofFameGallery1.htm

Alright then. No, a free licence would not benefit sea anglers. :D

Certainly can't eat it, unlike a mullet. :D

Evening Deene'o just went back and read your ist post again. I think the rsa is a strong body of guys who are certainly passionate regarding their sport. Whenever someone or some quango or cr@p government policy or stupid proposal dictated by the e u, the heels dig in and they do respond. Article 47 was an example, as was the threat of a licence. Hopefully after the election things can quieten down in so far as quangos will be trimmed and there will not be so much rush to restrict, govern, impose rules over something that is quite healthy, the rsa industry. I do know that there are more and more real rsa who are indeed prepared to stand up, and using Waynes words go toe to toe. Might be a while but the sleeping bear is waking up. My opinion btw. Not so much as working with these guys who have nice pensions etc, but to tell them bluntly to go away and think again. They had forgotten that 'they work for you'.

As regards to man made reefs etc. We have just gone through what i would class as thirteen years of paperwork shuffling and nothing else. Hopefully by this time next week we can have new management who would be prepared to see and do things to make it happen as opposed to talk about it. Those liberty ships for example that where sent over by the U S to be broken up was a typical greenie p c travesty that could have made a series of absolutly fab habitats, an opportunity wasted. What have we in it's place, quangos who are offering up bl@@dy restriction, you can't make it up, again hopefully it will change after next week and we can all get stuck in. i'm up for it.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

As for you Captain Cojones the UK Fish of the Year 2008 can be seen here;- http://www.rodbenders.net/index_files/HallofFameGallery1.htm

Very nice....but i dont see any 50Lb Bass in the pictures????? I thought they grew to the same size as the U.S.A striped bass???

Your posts smack of Angling Trust propaganda, with a mix of British Nazi Party nonsence about a 200 mile limit.

What would you do, if you decided, all by yourselves, to increase the U.K territorial waters (for fishing purposes) from 6 miles to 200......and then found a Russian ship working 100 miles offshore? Declare war?

Im interested especially in an answer to the last point.

OK Steve If a free license wont help the RSA demonstrate there numbers. How would you suggest they could make there concerns known given as you may have gathered my concern is that of failing fish stocks. I assume we are agreed that this is indeed a problem.

No, sorry, we can't agree that fish stocks are failing. Almost every time that work and weather allow me to fish on the right tides, in the right conditions, (Which, sadly, isn't often enough), that little theory about failing fish stocks is disproved. I'm seeing my fishing actually improve and things are a lot better now than they were 10 years ago, (and a hell of a lot better than they were 20 years ago), at least from where I'm standing. No amount of rhetoric is going to change what I see with my own eyes.

Therefore, why would we want a licence to demonstrate how many anglers there are? The only possible reason would be to help fight off restrictions that may result from the scaremongering that is keeping many a scientist and civil servant in a job - and giving a few tired old RSA mouthpieces something in their lives to replace the fishing they used to do.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Very nice....but i dont see any 50Lb Bass in the pictures????? I thought they grew to the same size as the U.S.A striped bass???

Your posts smack of Angling Trust propaganda, with a mix of British Nazi Party nonsence about a 200 mile limit.

What would you do, if you decided, all by yourselves, to increase the U.K territorial waters (for fishing purposes) from 6 miles to 200......and then found a Russian ship working 100 miles offshore? Declare war?

Im interested especially in an answer to the last point.

Certainly can't eat it, unlike a mullet. :D

Evening Deene'o just went back and read your ist post again. I think the rsa is a strong body of guys who are certainly passionate regarding their sport. Whenever someone or some quango or cr@p government policy or stupid proposal dictated by the e u, the heels dig in and they do respond. Article 47 was an example, as was the threat of a licence. Hopefully after the election things can quieten down in so far as quangos will be trimmed and there will not be so much rush to restrict, govern, impose rules over something that is quite healthy, the rsa industry. I do know that there are more and more real rsa who are indeed prepared to stand up, and using Waynes words go toe to toe. Might be a while but the sleeping bear is waking up. My opinion btw. Not so much as working with these guys who have nice pensions etc, but to tell them bluntly to go away and think again. They had forgotten that 'they work for you'.

As regards to man made reefs etc. We have just gone through what i would class as thirteen years of paperwork shuffling and nothing else. Hopefully by this time next week we can have new management who would be prepared to see and do things to make it happen as opposed to talk about it. Those liberty ships for example that where sent over by the U S to be broken up was a typical greenie p c travesty that could have made a series of absolutly fab habitats, an opportunity wasted. What have we in it's place, quangos who are offering up bl@@dy restriction, you can't make it up, again hopefully it will change after next week and we can all get stuck in. i'm up for it.