Would sea anglers benifit from a free licence?

Would sea anglers benifit from a free licence?

IMHO that would be no; the cost is not the issue and a bit like our olds trading mirrors and beads to shaft the peeps on the red bits on the map while they robbed them of the good stuff.

Any licence will be like a rachet. and take on a step by expensive step of its own. More restriction and poverty poured on our kids by the golden generation.

Just an opinion ;):)

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought ted heath took us into somewhere called the common market. Even then the vote was so very close. Since then all of the governments have been getting us deeper and deeper linked with an e u constitution and in addition have keeped the public away from a vote for the same. None more so than within the last thirteen years, it was the labour government who were denying the taxpayers a referendum,as promised in their previous pre election spiel. There is no mandate.

Anyone within the labour party membership care to tell us? What about our 7 bill per year rebate, what has it been wasted on, go on i dare ya.

It was maggie thatcher, bless her :D who went in an won the rebate for the inbalance regarding the cap, now we don't really hear our farmers bleating at all, only about the badgers.

So what about the inbalance with the cfp, in particular the french have 70-80% of the cod in the channel. Don't anyone think that we could do with a thatcher mark 2, to go in with a pair of balls and shake em around abit? :)

No. Maggie **** off and angered the Scots to the extent that natural Conservative voters won't go near them. Not healthy at all.

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Where exactly is it possible to trawl with in casting distance any where on your coast Paul?

The closest I can recall is about one mile, a little closer perhaps a bit south of Whitby but not much.

Then there is the Waddy a large area from Whitby stretching several miles to the north that is closed to all trawlers out to three miles.

I suspect the pair trawlers keep to the finer ground so that excludes them from a lot of the ground with in three miles of the coast, I doubt they wander off more than a couple of lines closer inshore in fear of damaging a very expensive net.

You don't get many marks for your home work either.

And you havent done yours peter the waddy as it is called is a closed area for trawling but there is a list as long as your arm for prosicutions for fishing in that closed area didnt you get towed away in that area with your netts peter when you left them overnight you must have been a very lucky boy when you fished out of here you also suspect pair teams work just soft or broken ground you suspected wrong peter they will tow anywhere the hardest of ground the 3,5, 7,8,9 mile reefs and sometimes a lot closer have all been heavyly worked by pair trawlers over the years the only reason they cant get on that ground these days is because of potts it is only just recently that trawling in brid bay or to the south of brid by pair teams chaseing the bass has been stopped it was go as close in as you dare as i said there is no law saying you cant drag a net as close as you can right upto the beach ( i wasnt stateing whitby) unless there is a bylaw in place if you are under 60ft once you go to the south of brid its more or less all sandy beaches for many miles as deeno seems to think it is elegal to do that but there is no law saying you cant.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

You’re such a spoil sport Barry and just as I was starting to have some fun with your BFM chum :P

Fun did you say, o k then, here is your fishy flow chart you sent me today. I'm re-naming them for ease, so the top perch is the

E U, second perch defra, third is the movers and shakers, A T, reps,and anyone else who fits the bill(pun).

Then there's us. :D

flowchart.jpg

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

And you havent done yours peter the waddy as it is called is a closed area for trawling but there is a list as long as your arm for prosicutions for fishing in that closed area didnt you get towed away in that area with your netts peter when you left them overnight you must have been a very lucky boy when you fished out of here you also suspect pair teams work just soft or broken ground you suspected wrong peter they will tow anywhere the hardest of ground the 3,5, 7,8,9 mile reefs and sometimes a lot closer have all been heavyly worked by pair trawlers over the years the only reason they cant get on that ground these days is because of potts it is only just recently that trawling in brid bay or to the south of brid by pair teams chaseing the bass has been stopped it was go as close in as you dare as i said there is no law saying you cant drag a net as close as you can right upto the beach ( i wasnt stateing whitby) unless there is a bylaw in place if you are under 60ft once you go to the south of brid its more or less all sandy beaches for many miles as deeno seems to think it is elegal to do that but there is no law saying you cant.

paul.

Other than one unfortunate incident five mile off which the skipper willingly paid compensation, I had a good relationship with the trawlers of which there were far more than there are to day and found plenty of places to work where my gear was safe including the waddy.

I know there is no law saying they can't, my point is they for one reason or another rarely do.

Was the bass fishery stopped or just finished?

Did the new NTZ effect them?

I fish to live and live to fish.

Other than one unfortunate incident five mile off which the skipper willingly paid compensation, I had a good relationship with the trawlers of which there were far more than there are to day and found plenty of places to work where my gear was safe including the waddy.

I know there is no law saying they can't, my point is they for one reason or another rarely do.

I think you were very fortunate to get compo i wouldnt like to think how many didnt in the old days it was shift or be shifted nowadays the potters and netters have a lot more leverage plus there is just a few keelboats left sad really when you think how it was 2 of our boats have been working down off lowestoft and had some good shots but they got took to the cleaners last week by landing back at whitby they were going into grimsby but told not to as the price was poor they had there eyes out on whitby market with the green best codlings as little as £1 kilo the lads were rageing and rightly so apparantly it was £3 a kilo at grimsby for best and above in this day and age no boat can afford that every penny counts with riseing fuel costs and poor quotas its all hitting home.

I think bass fisherie was only stopped off brid because of the NTZ but dont quote me on that one.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

As far as I know Peter the pair team that do the bass off Flamborough have not been stopped but have chosen to go scalloping with the Scots. We were at a meeting @ Brid. with fisheries 2wks ago I asked the ? why so many resources were been put in to restricting small time under 10s and beach netters when a mile off on the bass it was a free for all. There was no answer apart from "good point"! Anyway unless things have changed in the last few days thats the case. The pair bassing can only be done on neaps anyway.

The NTZ is only a small area round Sewerby to Danes Dyke extending to 300meters out. The Multi million ££ fisheries boat was round there last w/end protecting the sponges. Although the rib launched to go get "fish and chips"and a newspaper.

No joking aside they got several illegal beach nets with lots and lots of big bass in them. These went to old folks homes so not wasted.

No point in going for these bass with rod and line they just wont have it . God knows weve tried. H.

Edited by clem

As far as I know Peter the pair team that do the bass off Flamborough have not been stopped but have chosen to go scalloping with the Scots. We were at a meeting @ Brid. with fisheries 2wks ago I asked the ? why so many resources were been put in to restricting small time under 10s and beach netters when a mile off on the bass it was a free for all. There was no answer apart from "good point"! Anyway unless things have changed in the last few days thats the case. The pair bassing can only be done on neaps anyway.

The NTZ is only a small area round Sewerby to Danes Dyke extending to 300meters out. The Multi million ££ fisheries boat was round there last w/end protecting the sponges. Although the rib launched to go get "fish and chips"and a newspaper.

No joking aside they got several illegal beach nets with lots and lots of big bass in them. These went to old folks homes so not wasted.

No point in going for these bass with rod and line they just wont have it . God knows weve tried. H.

Now then howard matey crap weather once again there is no end to it and it looks just the same next week the tides are dead this week so the pair teams have still been working in brid bay and to the south havent seen them pairing up this way for a while i was working more to the south of whitby last week and the scallopers were there could have been the the lads who pair trawl out of scarborough they were a few miles away so couldnt get a good view a few scotch boats are here one of the keelboats here is changeing over here apparantly they are doing well on the shells was gonna turn out this morning but didn trust it hardly a breath up here this morning the lads were travelling a fare distance didnt want to bring them to send them home dont know what its like down in whitby or at sea hooking cambelt went on the van on saturday only done 30,000 on the belt it had a new belt water pump the lot done just a little bit annoyed was going to change it on the next service so no transport till i get it sorted or another vehicle today looks ok tommorow and maybe thursday the fishing was good last week howard the water must be crap down your end slightly different to last year these northerlies just keep comeing we even had a few flakes of snow yesterday one of the foreigh sites is giveing some white stuff again next week or so they were last night.

http://www.weathercharts.org/wetterzentral...lp-forecast.htm

paul.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

You get your van sorted Paul the weather looks crap for ages maybe even time to clean the cab out.......then again back to the real world :rolleyes: Sometimes they say the belts changed when it hasnt been but youll know all that.

Anyway m8 back to fishin water cleared out like hell last thurs on flood got 7 good cod all full of crab on jigger 40ft Bemmo thought summer was here then this lot came. South of us the green fishin is reported as very good the netters are doing well so the fish look like there not going to let us down this year anyway.

Got new engine for me boat being fitted tomorrow the price of a new car :o but going to extend me range and be a lot more economical.

Roll on high pressure. H.

And what difference to the French and Spanish would your free licence make?

I'd like to continue this debate, but your mate Barry tells me you are a bit of a wind up merchant, so I'll leave you to go and play with someone else. :D Tight lines.

Steve contrary to Barry suggesting I’m a wind up merchant I would like to make, if I may some observations from my own eyes on experience in the hope that you a commentator on the political platform might benefit rather than parading around as an arrogant twit which is how you are viewed by many of your readers.

When I was younger I would listen to skippers jabbering about how it was in the past we had this we had that and like you thought what a lot of idiots here we are with a good catch today and there are going on about a decline in fish. I couldn’t understand it and would not give the matter further thought until I heard the same old conversation again on another trip.

Since starting my web site I have become much more aware of the situation and as you say there on my site are some good fish which some one must have been caught. Thing is the hall of fame pages are of past glories The 30lb Cod just two from the IOW in the last five years and none over 30lb a site that was common just ten years or so ago. A Halibut the only one caught since the turn of the millennium they and Common Skate were once plentiful along the channel, The Bass just ten years ago I have witnessed being caught on feathers like Mackerel four and five at a time, yes there still there but not a chance of seeing those numbers again. I mentioned in a previous post the Spur Dogs that were wiped out in just a few weeks here in the south west giving there captors the opportunity to buy big houses for cash and that’s a fact. The Herring once the life blood for fishermen on the east coast Gone. You have not given in your ‘there are plenty of fish here’ post any acknowledgment to the points raised, facts that can not be denied.

You have a good head when it comes to some of the stupid ideas that the AT champion but to think there is not a very serious problem out at sea and that the huge factory ships wont cause the demise of our eco system is a tad naïve, take your blinkers off mate and take a long hard look at what is blatantly obvious.

As for the French and Spanish well my license idea would be in conjunction to new uk limits imposed after our withdraw from the CFP and to be honest the license was a wind up but a sure way to ignite a debate. Even so as an advertising ploy it might just work as we could say, were the government to try again to introduce one Get lost we have one that states our given right to fish the sea.

Tight lines :rolleyes:

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg