Would sea anglers benifit from a free licence?

The Americans have a Bass competition that pays out a million dollars every year you will find a grand up for grabs in the UK at most. The yanks (can I say that on here) have prime time tv coverage of these events. They have a Two Hundred mile limit just like little old Iceland and they manage it well.

For a start, the bass competitions you're talking about are held in lakes - freshwater lakes, so it's great having a 200-mile exclusion zone, but it doesn't affect the bass fishing in any way.

Also, I think you'll find that the million dollar prizes come from the tackle industry and other sponsors - it's got bugger all to do with having a rod license. Most of the top guns on the bass tournament scene have more sponsorship logos on their clothes, boats and cars than most Formula 1 drivers! This is another reason why it makes primetime viewing - it's all paid for - just check out the ad breaks.

If you want to talk about big money fishing competitions in the sea, then you need to start researching the big game tournaments. There are a number of 'circuits', and many of them have top prizes between $500,000 and $2,000,000. But then again, billfish tourneys are a rich man's game!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a start, the bass competitions you're talking about are held in lakes - freshwater lakes, so it's great having a 200-mile exclusion zone, but it doesn't affect the bass fishing in any way.

Also, I think you'll find that the million dollar prizes come from the tackle industry and other sponsors - it's got bugger all to do with having a rod license. Most of the top guns on the bass tournament scene have more sponsorship logos on their clothes, boats and cars than most Formula 1 drivers! This is another reason why it makes primetime viewing - it's all paid for - just check

I think part of what Deene'o is on about is the link between the tackle industry and the rsa, is it worth exploring? Is there a simularity with regards to the USA and the uk, in a much smaller way of course.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I think part of what Deene'o is on about is the link between the tackle industry and the rsa, is it worth exploring? Is there a simularity with regards to the USA and the uk, on a much smaller way of course.

Unfortunately, there are few tackle companies that put money back into the sport over here. In the US they pile money into prizes for tournaments and sponsoring big name anglers etc. In fact, most of the light spinning rods and baitcasting rods that we can buy here in the UK are a direct result of the multi million dollar research and development that goes into USA bass fishing.

The problem is, that most of the big name tackle manufacturers are American or Japanese - or they're owned by the Americans or Japanese. Their sport fishing tournaments are where the big bucks are, so the poor old UK doesn't get a look in. I'd welcome input (financially) from the UK tackle industry, but it ain't gonna happen.

Unfortunately, there are few tackle companies that put money back into the sport over here. In the US they pile money into prizes for tournaments and sponsoring big name anglers etc. In fact, most of the light spinning rods and baitcasting rods that we can buy here in the UK are a direct result of the multi million dollar research and development that goes into USA bass fishing.

The problem is, that most of the big name tackle manufacturers are American or Japanese - or they're owned by the Americans or Japanese. Their sport fishing tournaments are where the big bucks are, so the poor old UK doesn't get a look in. I'd welcome input (financially) from the UK tackle industry, but it ain't gonna happen.

Don’t be such a defeatist Dave and never say never, as it may come round to haunt you.

My idea behind the question ‘Would anglers benefit from a free license’ I will admit was a crazy idea to test the water so to speak and see if any one took the bait. But I never explained why I posed the question and strangely no one has asked. You have in fact been the closest to what my thoughts were at the time.

I was thinking that the amount of money we RSAs spend per year has never been recognized and often disputed, because there are no specific figures on which to do the mathematics. Secondly the way the decision about the introduction of a government license stands at present is that the matter has simply been shelved. Now where the industry side of RSA to introduce a license given free with the purchase of say, sponsored goods and that said license was to have printed on it a declaration of the right to fish and carry a rod in line with our constitutional rights which are ‘DESCRIPTION OF THE PUBLIC RIGHT TO FISH. The public right to fish was described by Moore and Moore as follows:- In tidal waters, estuaries and arms of the sea below the high water mark of ordinary tides situate within the limit of the kingdom . . . the public as subjects of the realm, have the right to fish to the exclusion of the subjects of all foreign powers, except in such parts of those tidal waters as have been legally appropriated as private fisheries’.

Then here might be the ultimate two finger salute to any further thought of a an official license further more the data base from the issue of said license might be a god send to those companies taking up the idea with regard targeting there customers and the customers might well get offered better deals.

Now do you still think it’s daft?

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

QUOTE (Dave B @ May 4 2010, 02:50 PM)

I'd welcome input (financially) from the UK tackle industry, but it ain't gonna happen.

Can only blame the angling media ?

Partly....but not wholly, perhaps.

'Our Heroes'

USA

tournament1.jpg

UK!!!

tournament3.gif

Our Gear

USA

tournament5.jpg

UK!!!

tournament4.jpg

Our Anglers

USA

tournament6.jpg

UK!!!!!!

tournament7.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Come on, don't you think that is a teeny weeny bit selective Wayne, i mean who would offer up codling like that as an advert for uk, par excellance. :lol:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Can only blame the angling media ?

Partly....but not wholly, perhaps.

'Our Heroes'

USA

tournament1.jpg

UK!!!

tournament3.gif

Our Gear

USA

tournament5.jpg

UK!!!

tournament4.jpg

Our Anglers

USA

tournament6.jpg

UK!!!!!!

tournament7.jpg

I thought Alan Yates was a Kent man. What was he doing poaching our famous Essex Cod from Walton pier. Fishing near the club hut as well!

The boat looks like my old Longliner. They are great little boats. I loved mine.

And at least Dicks tits are real.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

The pair the one in the greens packing, i'm sure ones bigger than the other.

bringing it ohh so slighty on topic, ain't yatsey an advocate of the licence, handed out by the government. Is he a mover and shaker ;)