Feeder rod help

mant01

I just bought a feeder rod and its the first one Ive used. My question is, is the quiver tip section normally really loose fitting? Ive tried both tips and they just seem so slack and like if I was to cast it would just shoot off. Im used to each section on a rod being well fitted but this would probably drop out if you pointed it down. Anyway is this normal for these kinda rods. Thanks for any help offered.

I just bought a feeder rod and its the first one Ive used. My question is, is the quiver tip section normally really loose fitting? Ive tried both tips and they just seem so slack and like if I was to cast it would just shoot off. Im used to each section on a rod being well fitted but this would probably drop out if you pointed it down. Anyway is this normal for these kinda rods. Thanks for any help offered.

Don't sound normal to me mate.

What rod is it ?

No it doesn't sound normal to me.

Is it possible they have given you the wrong set of tips for the rod?

I would just take it back and show them to the shop keeper.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Something not right there mate, all mine are very firm. Take them back to the shop either you have the wrong tips or you have a dodgy blank.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

No it's definitely not right. The tips should be firmly in place. I agree with the above, it sounds like they are for a different rod!

Thanks for the comments. Wish Id seen them before I went and tried it at a local pond. The result was not the quiver tip but where it fits into the second section splintered into 3 bits. All I did was cast out a closed end feeder I bought with the rod. Gonna get back in touch with the shop tomorrow and see if they will replace it since cost me £40, I had it one day and first couple of casts it broke.