Waterproof Camera Deal

Ken L

Finally got a memory card for this yesterday. Cracking little camera - cheers, Ken :thumbs:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Odly enough, I picked up a card for mine yesterday as well. I got a 4GB SDHC card made by PNY from Tesco for £7 instead of £14.

Bargain !

My only reservation about the camera is that you can open it. I honestly expected a sealed unit that is charged and read to and from via flush mounted gold pins using a cradle of some sort. Not to worry though, I know someone with one that's been used to take underwater video so it seems that the seals are sound.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I bought a waterproof camera last year having wrecked two phones and my Sony Cybershot in various saltwater incidents! Here's a snap I took in a rock pool I was using as a keepnet.

P8080019.jpg

Quite difficult to frame a shot when you are above the water because you can't see a thing on the screen, so I just snapped off a few at random and was quite pleased with this one.

just been in Tesco's again and picked up a neoprene camera case that was reduced from £4.75 to £3.

A good fit for the little fuji but not tight.

Edit: After seeing this, the tesco bag doesn't seem quite so cheap. Hey Ho.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• 2 months later...

Ken,

Just want to say 'thanks' again for the recommendation of the camera. Not only is it waterproof (so I've got photos of my kids jumping in the pool and stuff!), but it takes a bloody nice photo out of the water, too. Best few quid I've spent in ages :)

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

No worries mate. If I see any more deals that might be of interest to AN members I'll post 'em up - but feel free to change the links to get the commission where it's available as this obviously helps keep the site going.

Edited by Ken L

The system I've got now, Ken, automatically 'monetizes' practically any link with potential, so just post away :)

But this one cost me £55, plus the price of a memory card! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

M&S appear to be selling the ones mentioned at the start of this thread, although I'd double check it's the waterproof one. The picture and video say it is:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Fujifilm-Fi...a/dp/B002KU2KHE

I absolutely love mine and carry it with me nearly everywhere. Took some nice pics of the kids in a rain shower this morning :)

• 2 months later...

I ordered another one of these last week for somebody else:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Paid £79.99 - hasn't arrived yet, mind you LOL