Total And Otter Bull?

But industry experts have warned that the popular sport of coarse fishing could be dead within five years if the otter problem is allowed to persist.

Full article here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...o=feeds-newsxml

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This quote is - But industry experts have warned that the popular sport of coarse fishing could be dead within five years if the otter problem is allowed to persist.

Absolute sensationalist cobblers. What expert said that?

Edited by arbocop

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

This quote is - But industry experts have warned that the popular sport of coarse fishing could be dead within five years if the otter problem is allowed to persist.

Absolute sensationalist cobblers. What expert said that?

Experts in writting b*ll*cks for the news paper industry i should think.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I just love it although its old news now.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

You will probally find, that most of the comments attributed to Martin Salter have ben invented.

I know little about the man, but more about how they write this sort of sensationalist nonsence.

Bring on the day, when the U.K press is forced to abide by the laws on truthful reporting, that are found in continenrtal Europe.

You will probally find, that most of the comments attributed to Martin Salter have ben invented.

I know little about the man, but more about how they write this sort of sensationalist nonsence.

Bring on the day, when the U.K press is forced to abide by the laws on truthful reporting, that are found in continenrtal Europe.

I think it's illegal to 'make up' quotes and comments from anybody and then print them - especially an MP. I would have thought Mr Salter did actually say those things.

What gets me is how anybody can lose £80,000 worth of carp from a muddy puddle to a few otters. I know they often take fish and just rip out the gills and throat, but surely they'd have to nail a shed load of carp to amass that amount of financial damage. I've got visions of a 1-acre lake with 200 otters sitting around the edge, planning mass attacks of the carp shoaled together in the middle!

Loved this bit though...

'I want to avoid the situation where people are calling for a cull on otters.'

Then on the next line....

Mr Salter is also calling for cormorants to be shot.

I think it's illegal to 'make up' quotes and comments from anybody and then print them -

Unfortunatly, it happens all the time. There are also the favorite ways around the truth such as "A friend was reported as saying" Whos friend?

I wont work with them, without everything i say being recorded by myself.

Loved this bit though...

'I want to avoid the situation where people are calling for a cull on otters.'

Then on the next line....

Mr Salter is also calling for cormorants to be shot.

Probably meant to say 'managed', but 'shot' came out instead. The labour word for kill, is 'manage'. Without wishing to put words in his mouth, he would probably like to see otters 'managed'. Cull? 'Managed' by labour? Same end result.

In fact, I'm surprised that he hasn't said that he'd like Otters to be 'modernised'. If ever a labour politician comes out with that little gem, you can be sure that will be the end of the Otter.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• 2 weeks later...
Probably meant to say 'managed', but 'shot' came out instead. The labour word for kill, is 'manage'. Without wishing to put words in his mouth, he would probably like to see otters 'managed'. Cull? 'Managed' by labour? Same end result.

In fact, I'm surprised that he hasn't said that he'd like Otters to be 'modernised'. If ever a labour politician comes out with that little gem, you can be sure that will be the end of the Otter.

Well I don't know. I regard otters, cormorants and foxes as pests that must be controlled. I don't want to eradicate any of these species to extinction, but the way the otters have taken hold in East Anglia should be a salutary lessen. They are very adapdable creatures that have taken advantage of the fact that most of our waterways are boardered by lakes which are artificially stocked with an unnatuarally high biomass of fish.

'Manage' the predaters is my view.

Edited by andy_youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig