Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

Thats good! We've been pre-baiting your swim with maggots for months to draw them in! :P

Rich

You should see what we've been doing to your swim Rich :D;)

There is definitely an eel hotspot in each swim - it's called the bottom.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh the joy of being kept awake at night by the song of a Nightingale I can't wait to be there, truly a magical place.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Well Ive just got back from Wingham and as expected the cold weather and NE winds hasn't helped much.That said we still had a few Tench.I managed 6 the biggest at 8.13 another at 8 dead and the rest I didn't weigh.Despite the weather it was as all ways just good to be there.

Im off on holiday on the Sunday of the fish in (**** poor planning by myself!) but I will be over on the Saturday.Anyone who wants a hand/info just ask.

Hi Budgie,

Any help on how to target the Tench would be great, especially feeding tactics, bait and rigs.

Best

Ben.

Hi Budgie,

Any help on how to target the Tench would be great, especially feeding tactics, bait and rigs.

Best

Ben.

By all means Ben I will be over on the Sat morning.Have you got all the gear?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

If you haven't done so already please return your completed questionnaires to me asap. Cheers.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Heres the best two from the last session-

Wingham05-2010009_640x480.jpg

Wingham05-2010004_640x480.jpg

I dont know about the gentle art of angling its getting more like all out Nuclear War every day! Well judging by this arsenel-

Wingham05-2010002_640x480.jpg

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

If you haven't done so already please return your completed questionnaires to me asap. Cheers.

I think I have replied and sent you the completed questionaire, I haven't heard back but I wasn't expected to.

Hi Budgie,

Best

Ben.

As has been mentioned previously, location is the most important factor. Spend plenty of time talking to Steve, the bailiffs and the members in the morning getting to grips with the swim. The rest is simpler, most methods work well, float or leger. Most members use feeders of some sort either running or semi fixed. As for bait most will work but my top few would be maggots, worms, sweetcorn and small boilies. As for baiting again all sorts work, groundbait, hemp, pellets etc etc.

It kind of depends on what sort of fishing you are used to! Whatever you do do being able to fish and feed accurately will pay dividends!

I hope to be there all weekend, and I'd be happy to help if I can!

Rich

Edited by Richard Capper

I be there for the social visit on the saturday to give out advice if anyone want it but can't make it the whole weekend as got family pet to look after on the 23rd :rolleyes:

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I think I have replied and sent you the completed questionaire, I haven't heard back but I wasn't expected to.

Same applies to me Steve. I have assumed as you are very busy that this is the case but please advise if any further action is needed.