Preparing Birdseed

Elton

Posted on behalf of joelfry. Please add all replies to this thread:

i am going carp fishing over the bank holiday and have brought wild bird seed to mix with vitalin as a spod. how should i prepare the bird seed?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi Joelfry and welcome to Anglersnet.

By far the easiest way of preparing small particles such as hemp or birdseed mix is to cover with water, bring to the boil and then transfer to a sealable bucket. You'll need to do this while it is still hot so please be careful. The heat contained within the sealed container will cook the mix perfectly overnight and will be perfect for use the next morning. Remember that you can also add flavourings before you cook and this will be pulled into the mix as it stands overnight. I will add sea salt(roughly 1 - 2 tablespoons per pint of dry seed should do it) and also Chilli, flaked or powder is an excellent addition to any seed mix.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ant

Edited by Anthony78

Effort equals reward!!

By far the easiest way of preparing small particles such as hemp or birdseed mix is to cover with water, bring to the boil and then transfer to a sealable bucket. You'll need to do this while it is still hot so please be careful. The heat contained within the sealed container will cook the mix perfectly overnight and will be perfect for use the next morning. Remember that you can also add flavourings before you cook and this will be pulled into the mix as it stands overnight. I will add sea salt(roughly 1 - 2 tablespoons per pint of dry seed should do it) and also Chilli, flaked or powder is an excellent addition to any seed mix.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ant

thats excellence thankyou

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ant

I youse vitalin but add wag dog bisciuts to soak with it, try some curry powder iceland sweetcorn £1 for a big bag powderd milk helps leave a cloud when it hits the bottom ..