G'day

Guest Charlie316

Guest Charlie316

Hi. My name is Charlie and I am an Aussie now living in England. My objective here is not to offend, however, I really can’t take to carp fishing. It is so mundane and overrated. But to each their own. If you enjoy it more power to you, it is just not for me. I am also not used to the different way of fishing over here and the rules. I mean, you owns a natural body of water???? In Australia, apart from a rod license, you can drop a line anywhere free of charge. No one or no organization owns it … it is a natural body of water free for all to use. It is crazy to be fishing somewhere and have some idiot come up and say you have to pay? And these fisheries’ with day tickets???? Come on! Anyway, I’ve vented, time to move on. I am going to be a Pike fisherman. Well at least try. They, to me, offer far more sport and look like a fish not a Goldfish on steroids! Getting started here is difficult, I mean you can’t even park by a lake and drop a line. I am going to bow to the pressure and do it the English way … if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. Can somebody out there tell me where good pike fishing is, where I can hire a lodge on the water and hire a decent boat and have a good days pike fishing. Again, I am not out to offend, I am just trying to learn the English way. Any info at all greatly appreciated. I would like to think I can make some good fishing buddies and we can go fishing together. Thanks, Charlie

Hi Charlie and welcome to AN ,Where abouts in the UK are you?? as someone on here may be local to you .

Good bet is to find your local PAC club http://www.pacgb.co.uk/

Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Charlie - if AUS were as densely populated as the UK and had as little fresh water, I suspect the rules there would be a bit different than they are now.

Check out the rules in Japan and you'll see they make the UK look liberal.

Mine call for a license for each State which again could be a function of our having a few more people per square whatever than AUS does.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

i live in warrington try the brickpits at fearnhead just of the birchwood express way, its an easy water to fishyou are almost guarenteed a pike,try lamprey.Another venue worth a try is sankey valley canal towards arpley meadows if you walk down the canal chucking lures across its possible to get numerous pike. Lymn dam also holds some large pike its day ticket but its a big water and hard fishing if you are just targeting a particular species

good luck and tight lines