• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few quick photos of the 002...

aerial3.jpg

aerial2.jpg

aerial1.jpg

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.

WHY o WHY! Are you selling? I would never part with mine - even if it hasn't got the 00 cachet attached to it! would be really intrested to see what it goes for on the open market - and will be pointing a few of my pin-head acquatinces at this thread!

BTW - I penned that HOF piece for PP! :rolleyes:

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Hi Chris- yes, I knew you'd written that. It's a lovely article! (And thanks for pointing your chums to this thread).

I'm selling it for two reasons. Firstly, I need the money. Secondly, I haven't used it even once since it came into my possession last summer, and this is a reel that must be used. As you know, I’m lucky to have a Bisterne (which I love), and because I only managed about four or five fishing trips last year I didn’t want to miss any of those occasions to use my favourite reel. So, I just don’t feel I’ll ever be able to do the 002 justice. It would be better if it goes to someone else who’ll actually use it.

I don’t approve of collectors locking these things in cabinets- and that’s exactly what I’m likely to end up doing if I keep it.

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.

You'll be buying a baitrunner next you big girl! :P

Got one already! I used it twice in the winter when I was legering for chub. I 'm just not used to such modern technology. I got a small bite registration, struck and held onto the handle - the freespool was on and I ended up with a load of loose line. What a Muppet! It was the only bite on a freezing cold day.

I should stick to pins. Is anyone on AnglersNet tempted enough by the Witcher to pay up? I would love to, but I really can't afford it.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Hi Chris- yes, I knew you'd written that. It's a lovely article! (And thanks for pointing your chums to this thread).

I'm selling it for two reasons. Firstly, I need the money. Secondly, I haven't used it even once since it came into my possession last summer, and this is a reel that must be used. As you know, I’m lucky to have a Bisterne (which I love), and because I only managed about four or five fishing trips last year I didn’t want to miss any of those occasions to use my favourite reel. So, I just don’t feel I’ll ever be able to do the 002 justice. It would be better if it goes to someone else who’ll actually use it.

I don’t approve of collectors locking these things in cabinets- and that’s exactly what I’m likely to end up doing if I keep it.

Ah! Now I understand - shame your not selling the Bisterene - I might well have been in for that!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Ah! Now I understand - shame your not selling the Bisterene - I might well have been in for that!

Absolutely never. And I mean absolutely, and I mean never. :D

It's my most treasured thing in the world, and having it completely spoils having the 002 (and also the Avon Elite I have- which I haven't used once since I got the Bisterne).

:lol::lol:

I've already got two bloody Lythes on order which is pushing things to the limit in our house :rolleyes:

I've already got two Lythes in my fishing bag... and a Mill's Fred Taylor (lovely to use) together with umpteen Speedias and Allcock's Aerials and a Carter reel. I'm still tempted though.