Yet Another Angler Trying To Ban Livebaiting

Elton

I am one!

I know...hehehe...

But so am I... :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

EDIT: Let me make it clear I am not a practicing/working ecologist nor environmentalist nor a conservationist, although they are some of the areas I get involved with and in ...I am a consultant and adviser, more than that I cannot say.

END EDIT:

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont agree with live baiting myself there just doesnt seem a need for it. It may get you more fish but if I used a pole instead of a rod I might but Im not gonna do it. Isnt it supposed to be more about the act than catching more. It just seems wrong to me and shows little regard to the welfare of fish in general. Ive spoke to people who say they net out sticklebacks and chuck them on the field because theres too many and a guy saying about kids chucking a pike around on the field and how he hates pike so said nothing, it just starts to seem people think they have some kinda right to do whatever the hell they please.

I dont agree with live baiting myself there just doesnt seem a need for it.

And what's the need for the kind of fishing you do?

I've been pike fishing a handful of times over the years. Which has been enough times for me to know its not part of our sport that really floats my boat ( I'm not talking about moral reasons, never seen reason for that ). I've sat/slept in a bivie with rods set out for all kinds of fish, Match fished, fished commercials, fly fished, game fished, you name it. I've pick out the bits of our sport that interest me and i like doing the most and do them. I can't say i can see a need for me to do any of the different parts of our sport that I've tried, even the bit's i do and like.

I should say that I've liked trying and having the right to try and make my own mind up about which parts of our sport are for me.

I should also say that it always seems strange to me how some anglers think they have the right to wave a finger at other parts of the sport. There's little need for anyone to go fishing with a rod and line these days and even less now we are think of banning taking coarse fish for the pot.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I dont agree with live baiting myself there just doesnt seem a need for it. It may get you more fish but if I used a pole instead of a rod I might but Im not gonna do it.

Oh right, so you would ban Poles also ? What the hell's wrong with using a pole ?

It's an attitude like that which will see the end of angling for pleasure.

Many say that they think it would be a good idea for angling to ban live baiting as it would appease the antis. I feel by doing this we would be simply falling into their hands and admitting that we accept sticking a hook into a fish is cruel. Make no mistake these people will never be on our side.

Damn right they won't be happy until the whole countryside and it's wildlife is off limits, in their world Mink cuddle Ducklings, The Fox lies with the Lamb and all Deer are called Bambi. Do not give the anti an inch they live in a bubble they'll never understand "I am a man – man is a hunter – I am a hunter" as Watatoad puts it.

2eb62xv.jpg

Oh right, so you would ban Poles also ? What the hell's wrong with using a pole ?

It's an attitude like that which will see the end of angling for pleasure.

You took what I said the wrong way Ive got nothing against pole fishing. I was meaning it should be about enjoying fishing not about having to catch more and more, which is the only reason I can see why people would live bait.

You took what I said the wrong way Ive got nothing against pole fishing. I was meaning it should be about enjoying fishing not about having to catch more and more, which is the only reason I can see why people would live bait.

Ok mant01 sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion.

The thing is, livebaiting is the only method that will work on some waters. You could cast lures till your arm drops off and sit behing a dead bait for weeks without any luck but as soon as you put on a live bait your in buisness. I very seldom live bait myself but to say ban it would be a crime against the sport of angling IMO at any rate.

Ok mant01 sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion.

The thing is, livebaiting is the only method that will work on some waters. You could cast lures till your arm drops off and sit behing a dead bait for weeks without any luck but as soon as you put on a live bait your in buisness. I very seldom live bait myself but to say ban it would be a crime against the sport of angling IMO at any rate.

No problem mate I know this is a touchy subject and I would never say ban it just its not for me. I would say though that like what I mentioned about those people chucking a pike around a field and killing fish in general because you dont like them should not be allowed.

Normally I'd get involved but Budgie has it covered.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Don't think that it can't or won't happen <_<

http://pacnews.blogspot.com/2007/03/liveba...n-scotland.html

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/