Nice Weather And A Few Fish

glennk

I was kindly invited to fish up at Runswick this evening with a few lads off the Whitby site

I arrived late and the lads were already on the water and I could see them in the mouth of the bay. I paddled off into a strong South Easterly breeze which got worse the further out you went.

When I arrived Damo had already had a coid about 3.5 pounds. The wind made things difficult, but the drogues kept us on a decent drift. The fishing wasnt excellent although we did all manage a fish or 2. I also managed 1 about 3.5 pounds and another 3 to go with it.

The night was rounded off with a nice sunset and a pint in the Beach Hotel at Sandsend.

runswick1-1.jpg

runswick2-1.jpg

runswick3.jpg

runswick4.jpg

runswick5.jpg

runswick10.jpg

runswick9.jpg

runswick8.jpg

runswick7.jpg

• 1 month later...

Not bad at all. At least you guys caught some fish, even though it is literally a few. A few friends of mine had some bad luck days when they came back with about 2 fish between the three of them. They were not happy at all.

They quickly had a few beers to get away the dissatisfaction of the day's catch and it worked.

A few weeks later they tried the same spot and had a better catch. Sometimes you wine, sometimes you lose.