Hull and East Yorkshire

Guest We Are Hull

Guest We Are Hull

Does anyone know any good fisheries in Hull and East Yorkshire as there aren't too many sites regarding Yorkshire ponds.

Guest We Are Hull

I want to go on the Motorway Pond in Newport, but that is strictly controlled by Hull and District. If I bought a membership with them it would still expire at Christmas, so it is best waiting until then.

As for now, though, I am just about stuck.

I would guess that most of the angling sites in and around Hull are covered in the fisheries section, since I do the fisheries section and live in and around Hull wink.gif

You are right in saying that there aren't all that many places to fish locally though, compared to other parts of the country we've got the smelly end of the stick frown.gif What sort of fishing are you interested in? I should be able to help you find what you're looking for.

BTW, I always wondered who the Hull City supporter was. I've sometimes heard someone cheering when I've strolled past the ground on a quiet Saturday afternoon wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

------------------

John S

john@go-fishing.co.uk

ANMC Member - Get the best out of fishing, join today.

Guest Chris Playle

Hello We Are Hull,

It is worth waiting for the Hull And District to come out at the end of December. For the money you pay, it's exellent value for money if only for the number of waters available to fish on the one Membership Book.

Until then, I'll assume you'll be after fishing day ticket venues. I only know of ones to the East Of Hull.

Are you sitting comfortably? Good, then I'll begin.

Risby Park. On the A164 half way between the Skidby roundabout and the A1079 junction. Turn off to go to Bentley. As you travel down the road you will come to a sharp right hand bend. There is a track off from this bend. Turn down the track and the entrance to the pond is on the right. Two ponds. One Carp Pond. One Tench Pond. Not sure of prices. Matches are held here so check the noticeboard for avalability. One a chuck pond. Small carp and tench. Red maggot and paste work well here from what I can gather.

Leven Park Lake. Travelling North on the A165 to Bridlington. Take the turnoff at White Cross Roundabout into Leven. Leven Park Lake is on the Right hand side just before the Garage on the left hand side of the road. One pond. Not sure of prices. Recently got catch of the month in Improve Your Coarse Fishing 10lb+ Mixed Bag of roach fished caster on the drop. Little and often loose feed caster and hemp.

Lees Pond. From Leven Park carry on through the village and out past the Hare And Hounds Pub. This is the Old A165. The road bends sharp Right over a hill. As soon as you start up the Hill brake and indicate left. Take the left turn Signposted BILLABONG down the side of the golf course. Carry on down the single track road (THERE ARE QUITE A FEW H & D A A PONDS ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK AT THESE FOR WHEN YOU GET YOUR MEMBERSHIP BOOK. NO.2 & 3&4 PONDS HAVE CARP TO 20LB. BURSHILL PONDS (VERY WEEDY) GOOD EARLY SEASON FOR BIG TENCH TO 8 or 9LB (AGAIN BREAD FLOATFISHED LIFT-METHOD CLOSE TO LILLIES ALWAYS A WINNER) carry on until the road bends sharp right and comes to a junction. Turn LEFT at the junction and carry on until you come to another junction with a left turn off from the road you are on. Turn left here and the pond is on your immediate right). Not sure of prices. Try the end of the pond furthest away from car park for tench upto 9lb early season on bread and corn.

Fosse Hill Fishing And Shooting Ground. From White Cross Roundabout take the A165 Leven Bypass towards Bridlington. At the next roundabout take 2nd exit and carry on up the bypass. At the next roundabout take the 4th exit marked Industrial Estates. Fosse Hill is about 1/2 a mile down this road on the LEFT hand side. Near the Jetski Lake which is on the right. Not sure of prices. Last time I looked there were three ponds here. One for big carp. One for small carp and tench and another for genaral fishing. Another pond might have appeared since then.

Leven Canal. From Leven Park, head into village as though you would be going to Lees Pond. As you go through the village you will see WEST STREET on the left hand side between the Hare And Hounds Pub and the Post Office. Take the left turn into WEST STREET. Carry on down West street until you see CARR LANE on the left hand side. Take the left turn into Carr Lane. Follow Carr Lane down to the bottom near the new houses. The road bends round to the right. Go over the bridge and the next bridge is Leven Canal. The stretch of canal to the left of the bridge is the one most people fish and is too weedy to fish in the summer. But, carry on over the bridge and follow the track down the side of the caravan site. At the end of the caravans you will see parking space on the right just before the road does a 90 degree turn to the left. Park your car here, go through the large gate at the end of the car park and you will see the canal. Walk about 50 to 100 yards down the bank away from the caravans and this is where you will find some good Tench sport. Take a weed rake!!! The canal is about 4ft deep with a silt bottom. Rake a swim. Groundbait with breadmash and corn. Keep very quiet. The banks are soft.) Prices £3.00 a day last time I went. As I said a good Tench water and fished quite well this year. Breadmash and corn ledgered or Lift-Method will bring good fish. Study to be quiet though.

Lambwath Lakes. Not sure of directions but it's featured in The New Edition of Improve Your Coarse Fishing (the one with the rig book on the front) - Where To Fish) Have a look in there. I know three people who have fished these lakes and said they caught. What, I don't know. TAKE SOME WARM CLOTHES AS THESE ARE NEAR THE SEA AND THE OFFSHORE BREEZES ARE COLD THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!

That's as many as I can think of off the top of my head. For youngsters I would go to Leven Park, Fosse Hill or Risby. For the more accomplished angler or those after a specific species I would go to Lambwath, Lees Pond or Leven Canal as all these can easily produce blank days when targeting the bigger fish.

Hope these are of help. Any questions, you can E-Mail me at the address below.

Happy fishing!!!!

Chris

jamscd6@hotmail.com

Guest We Are Hull

Yes, I have been to Lambwath Lakes in Aldborough, it is EXTREMELY chilly. There are plenty of big fish there and you are guaranteed to catch everytime, just about.

Thanks for all your help in helping me find new fisheries everyone, if ever I can help you lot I will.

P.S. John S, have you got MSN Messenger???