The Sunday Before The New Season.

watatoad

Getting ready for the new season.

Just bought a packet of Scottish Smoked Mussels in Garlic Butter Sauce for a couple of pounds from Aldi, one of my favourite Barbel baits.

The casters are ready,

maggot boxes all clean,

two already full of nice juicy maggots,

I be collecting my worms Tuesday evening,

Raisins are ready,

Sweetcorn ready,

Ground white bread ready,

Ground granary bread ready,

Special mix groundbaits ready,

Full fat Dairylea cheese spread ready,

Hemp ready,

Tares ready,Wheat ready,

Barley ready,

Spam ready,

Sardine and tomato paste ready,

Ox liver raw thawing,

Ox liver cooked ready,

Squid tentacles ready,

No good getting the Soreen ready before the last week in August or I will eat it all myself,

Rods in bag,

rests in bag,

landing net handle in bag,

tackle box checked,

floats ready,

hooks ready,

reels freshly loaded and ready,

chair ready,

Brolley checked,

Trolley tyres checked and ready,

New batteries put in camera,

Aerolastics ready,

Landing net ready in bag,

I think that's it ...wait a mo am I ready?

I wish you all a good seasons angling and may you all break your previous Personal Bests for every species you go after.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Getting ready for the new season.

Just bought a packet of Scottish Smoked Mussels in Garlic Butter Sauce for a couple of pounds from Aldi, one of my favourite Barbel baits.

The casters are ready,

maggot boxes all clean,

two already full of nice juicy maggots,

I be collecting my worms Tuesday evening,

Raisins are ready,

Sweetcorn ready,

Ground white bread ready,

Ground granary bread ready,

Special mix groundbaits ready,

Full fat Dairylea cheese spread ready,

Hemp ready,

Tares ready,Wheat ready,

Barley ready,

Spam ready,

Sardine and tomato paste ready,

Ox liver raw thawing,

Ox liver cooked ready,

Squid tentacles ready,

No good getting the Soreen ready before the last week in August or I will eat it all myself,

Rods in bag,

rests in bag,

landing net handle in bag,

tackle box checked,

floats ready,

hooks ready,

reels freshly loaded and ready,

chair ready,

Brolley checked,

Trolley tyres checked and ready,

New batteries put in camera,

Aerolastics ready,

Landing net ready in bag,

I think that's it ...wait a mo am I ready?

I wish you all a good seasons angling and may you all break your previous Personal Bests for every species you go after.

I've collected 20 of Britain's finest lob-worms from my lawn - seriously the smallest is like 15cm long lol, got the hemp and ground bait ready, all I need are the maggots!

"Man is his own worst enemy"

-Marcus Tullius Cicero

Mind yer wellies.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Today is the day to strip off old line and spool up. Clean out the rod rings. Oil the bale arms. Put away all the fishing equipment needed for still water. Yippee! :P . Oh I almost forgot the bait. off to Lidl for a few tins of pork and ham.

Today is the day to strip off old line and spool up. Clean out the rod rings. Oil the bale arms. Put away all the fishing equipment needed for still water. Yippee! :P . Oh I almost forgot the bait. off to Lidl for a few tins of pork and ham.

While you are in Lidl check out the Lumpfish caviar, put a marble sized ball of it in the Fox bait mesh and either hair rig it to a smaller hook or side hook directly onto a larger one.My local store also sometimes stocks jars of crayfish tails these look the business as well but have not tried them yet.

Club books renewed 2010/11 permits all present & correct, blog dusted off and ready to receive first entry.

Centrepins lubed, a couple of rods set up and broken down, they're held together with some nifty little rod bands and tip covers I bought yesterday.

Utility belt emptied, contents checked and replenished, belt packed again. Landing net handle strengthened with a strategically placed whipping which was then finished with high build epoxy (thought I'd have another go and managed the best one yet, there's irony for you :rolleyes: )

Waders won't be needed for the first venue but they'll be in the car should I go to the second.

Maggots and scoff will be bought Tuesday afternoon and I'll be in bed by 8:00pm.

All ready to go.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Club books renewed 2010/11 permits all present & correct, blog dusted off and ready to receive first entry.

Centrepins lubed, a couple of rods set up and broken down, they're held together with some nifty little rod bands and tip covers I bought yesterday.

Utility belt emptied, contents checked and replenished, belt packed again. Landing net handle strengthened with a strategically placed whipping which was then finished with high build epoxy (thought I'd have another go and managed the best one yet, there's irony for you :rolleyes: )

Waders won't be needed for the first venue but they'll be in the car should I go to the second.

Maggots and scoff will be bought Tuesday afternoon and I'll be in bed by 8:00pm.

All ready to go.

Rusty - you didn't mention ----

The car! Does it run OK? Fuel in it? Parking permit in the window?

What about your bait apron?

Waders - do they leak?

Bait bucket?

Witcher Aerial - still working?

River still there?

Also, no point going to bed at 8, you'll not sleep anyway - constant dreams of barbel and chub will keep you awake!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

While you are in Lidl check out the Lumpfish caviar, put a marble sized ball of it in the Fox bait mesh and either hair rig it to a smaller hook or side hook directly onto a larger one.My local store also sometimes stocks jars of crayfish tails these look the business as well but have not tried them yet.

Lucky you my nearest Lydl is a 46 mile round trip

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

The car! Does it run OK? Fuel in it? Parking permit in the window? Yup

What about your bait apron? Almost forgot, thanks

Waders - do they leak? Hope not, they’re new

Bait bucket? Haven’t got one, multiple bait boxes

Witcher Aerial - still working? Bloody well hope so!!!!!

River still there? It was yesterday, will pop down this afternoon to make doubly sure

The things I do for a first day blank.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Bait bucket? Haven’t got one, multiple bait boxes

No bait bucket? What do you carry multiple boxes in? I can't believe that you've got a Witcher Aerial and no bait bucket!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."