Wireless GF Bite Alarms

GF Bite Alarms

Sorry, Dean, but you and I are on a totally different wavelength. Within reason I couldn't care less what they look like - the current non-wireless model is fine. It's how well they work that's important to me. And you're not going to get a UK set for the kind of money you're talking about, let alone one where the receiver exactly mimics the sound from the bite alarm head. So what you've asked for isn't Phil's market.

fox manage it..... £60 with reciver....

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Den, are we talking at cross purposes? It's not replicating the individual tone of each alarm that we're after. That would be ideal but I agree it's not that important. Instead it's the sequence of bleeps so that we can read the bites properly - now that is important.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Which model is that, and how many alarms do you get for £60?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

:P:P you love it, and you knowq it would look good.

:lol: Sounds all a bit too much like one of those cars from "Fast and Furious" to me Dean!

Maybe a bit of tinting of the LED,a few blue lights underneath,low profile rubber "O" ring along with those "so faster stripes" and we could have the "Farce and Fishless" Bite alarm?

P.S: Don't worry about that old fuddy duddy Burkester.......he used to drive a Volvo!

Oh could maybe have "Dean and Mrs Dean (sorry cant remember your good ladies name)" emblazoned across the battery cover "Essex" stylee?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Just checked the Fox International web site in case I missed something. The cheapest wireless Fox alarms I can see are the NX-R that have an RRP of £139.99 each. Then on top you need the receiver which is another £139.99. That makes £559.96 for a set of 3 plus a receiver.

Fox also do the TX-R Micro. This isn't an alarm but a dongle that you add to your existing alarms to convert them to wireless operation. Each dongle has an RRP of £40.99, so 3 would cost £122.97 plus of course the cost of whatever alarms you choose.

Blimey, it's a complicated business this. I'm glad I sleep lightly when fishing and can keep my alarms on a low volume and not need all this wireless stuff! I'm never more than a few yards from the rods anyway.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Blimey, it's a complicated business this. I'm glad I sleep lightly when fishing and can keep my alarms on a low volume and not need all this wireless stuff! I'm never more than a few yards from the rods anyway.

I paid £180 for a set of four pro logic alarms with wireless receiver which matches the sound of the alarm.

The alarms seem OK but are maybe a bit gimmicky - I just use the normal bleep tones but there's also Polyphonic tones which include the sound of a woman in the the throws of passion amongst others like Jungle noises.

The alarms seem OK but are maybe a bit gimmicky - I just use the normal bleep tones but there's also Polyphonic tones which include the sound of a woman in the the throws of passion amongst others like Jungle noises.

Years ago I was working on one of those big old Renault saloons which had the highly annoying (but strangely fascinating!) "talking warning system" You know the one? "fasten your seat belt" "your keys are still in the ignition" "Your right hand indicator bulb has failed" etc etc

Kind of sowed the idea for a "Attention,Attention Budgie your attendance is required on rod three!" conversion on my Backbiters......................................................................

Same as Anderoo even though Ive used several different wireless models and was even given a set of Dekims Ive never personally felt the need for them.

Now my brother Andrew has found them invaluable and they have really opened up long stay session fishing for him. But as you all probably know he is deaf and the vibrating pad "sounder box" I made him many years ago was quite limiting.

Like a lot of new angling technology (as Alex I believe once said about bait boats?) they help good anglers be better but make bad ones worse!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I just use the normal bleep tones but there's also Polyphonic tones which include the sound of a woman in the the throws of passion

You'll have to show me that Rob, just so I can (maybe) recognise it in the future :rolleyes:

My alarms just go beep but they are also home to up to 5 earwigs at any one time. I'd have thought it would be too noisy for them, but they love it!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music