Wireless GF Bite Alarms

GF Bite Alarms

Many thanks to you all for taking the time to reply, like I said I will look at each and every suggestion, and try to implement as many as possible whilst maintaining the value for money that GF is known for.

Keep posting if you have any further thoughts!!

I will keep you upto date on progress and may well be looking for anglers to 'performance test' the alarms on the bank and give feedback.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have started to use these alarms this year and really pleased with them I bought the remote system several years ago to use with the other alarms I had that time but was thinking of buying a set of dongles and receiver but if you made the dongles would they work with the original receiver ? BTW a clip on case rather than sock type

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

Hi Gf Bite Alarms.

Have used your alarms for ages and will be getting a new set soon, Like the look of the GFs. I know you are planning on make a wireless version, however are you planning on making a dongle or not. I have been following the thread but not sure if i have missed it or not.

One thing i have had to do to my alarms, is that i had to change the battery connection cable with a more robust one as the little wires came out, other than that they have done me wonder, esp the 22lb i had last weekend.

Thanks and great alarms.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

Just wanted to keep you all up to date on progress on the wireless GF Bite Alarm system. I have tried to incorporate as many suggestions that were posted on this thread as possible, but obviously can't do everything whilst maintaining a very competitive end price to the customer. I am about 80% through development and testing and hope to have first production units available in the new year, I want to make sure everything is absolutely right before release. The system has the following functionality:-

1) Tone, volume & 2 sensitivity settings as per GFs model

2) Receiver for upto 4 head units

3) Drop Back indicator incorporated in head unit for Predator fishing which also works with receiver

4) Low battery warning on head units & receiver

5) Still working on bigger sensing wheel which I know many of you want

6) Wireless range upto 100m (deliberately done as I feel being any further away when fishing is irresponable)

Appearence wise they will look exactly like the GFs & GFx currently on sale as if it aint broke don't fix it, although I am looking at the on/off switch and changing it slightly so when you put the cover on it can't be accidently switched on.

Well think thats it, let me know your thoughts and if you think I have missed anything critical.

Many Thanks

Phil

Ha ha price, well I am very aware of the GF brand being value for money so I am trying to keep it as low as possible. I am aiming for 3 head units and the receiver for under £150, that is the plan anyway....

Will keep you all informed though.

Here's an example of the sundride package price.......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sundridge-Optonic-Di...=item3f04c29aa8

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DAIWA-SUNDRIDGE-DELU...=item45f6aed1b7

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Daiwa-sundridge-G2-r...=item483d240498

I think your going to have to work on your price a bit !

Yeh never going to compete with units which are almost certainly mass produced in China, all my units are still hand assembled and sealed. None of those units have Drop off function which as you know if you buy say a Fox Micron P can be £30 upwards on there own.

As I say price isn't finalised yet but for me as a small independent manufacturer to be competitive, with additional functionality, is I hope you agree not a bad effort !!