Firefox Issue when posting in the forums

jedibond

I've had the exact problem but only with AN. I uninstalled firefox and searched google for firefox version 3.5.9 , its the most recent i could find that would still work on here. Its a bit of a b@ll ache just for this one site but hey ho.

I also set firefox to notify me of any updates , not to update itself automatically or i'll be back to square one.

It's not a cure but a sticky plaster , i really don't know what or why is causing the problem only how to get around it.

Heres a link for the 3.5.9 version that still works on AN but there are plenty of others around if you look.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/7327/

Just a thought but seeing as my own personal experience with the latest version of firefox only conflicts with AN could it be a discrepency between AN server / scripts? I really don't have any idea what i'm talking about. Best of luck guys.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had the exact problem but only with AN. I uninstalled firefox and searched google for firefox version 3.5.9 , its the most recent i could find that would still work on here. Its a bit of a b@ll ache just for this one site but hey ho.

I also set firefox to notify me of any updates , not to update itself automatically or i'll be back to square one.

It's not a cure but a sticky plaster , i really don't know what or why is causing the problem only how to get around it.

Heres a link for the 3.5.9 version that still works on AN but there are plenty of others around if you look.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/7327/

Just a thought but seeing as my own personal experience with the latest version of firefox only conflicts with AN could it be a discrepency between AN server / scripts? I really don't have any idea what i'm talking about. Best of luck guys.

3.5.9 works for me!! I did have a reply ssue a month or so back so rolled back to my previous version of Firefox. Several updates since then I've had no problems.

3.5.9 works for me!! I did have a reply ssue a month or so back so rolled back to my previous version of Firefox. Several updates since then I've had no problems.

But I'm on 3.6.3 and have no problems :(

I'll fire up my netbook in a bit and see what version that's running.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

But I'm on 3.6.3 and have no problems :(

I'll fire up my netbook in a bit and see what version that's running.

Bugger. The netbook's on 3.6.3, too.

I've been putting off a MAJOR forum software upgrade for a while now. I'll look at sorting it next week.

P.S. Posting this from Safari on a phone.....

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Ooh. Just had a thought - what 'skin' are you viewing this in? The plain one, or the one with the menu down the left?

Don't know if this is relevant, but I'm having problems too!

Firefox keeps on hanging...at the bottom of the screen it says either "transferring data from ilapi.ebay.com" or "waiting for ilapi.ebay.com" - I don't know what this is all about?

When I go into Task Manager to try and end the damn thing so I can start again, it shows two unresponsive sessions of Firefox running, although I only have one open.

Any of you techy people have any idea? I'm on 3.6.3, but I only loaded that to try and solve the problem...it was happening in the previous version.

Janet

Ooh. Just had a thought - what 'skin' are you viewing this in? The plain one, or the one with the menu down the left?

In my case, the standard AnglersNet skin, the one without the sidebar.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I had same problem several weeks ago! I rolled back and problem went away! I too am on 3.5.9 as well. BUT I also tried changing all manner of settings including the sidebar. Nothing worked. But this was I think at best guess around 3 to 4 months ago?? And I am not usually known for being ahead of my time!! :P

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an update to this Elton, I've just realised that I have the same problem when replying to messages.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

the problem i have (even on a completely different machine that the other one) is "replying" to a post i cannot actually type anything in the opened reply box ,if i post it then edit alls fine

if i start a fresh topic i cannot type anything but if i use an emoticon then post that i can then edit it and type as normal

if i hit edit quickly i cannot type anything but if i let the drop down appear and pick either one its normal AN is the only site this happens on not that i post much anywhere else

my skins the same as Johns and i'm now using firefox 3.6.6 but its been the same for months even on previous versions

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson