Commercial Record Holders!?

AddictedToScopex

I was just checking through the current weight records for fish in Britain and was surprised to see so many from commercial lakes. I find this really disappointing and in a way I think it's a bit ridiculous that records can be considered from a commercial fishery. They are far from natural fish which are often fed all day everyday on really high fat content baits making them unnaturally fat and probably unhealthy. I really can't see how people think them worthy of consideration for a record. I know I might sound like i'm just whining but why can't we have one record list for natural rivers/environments etc and one for commercials.

Eventually every record will be held by a commercial which is just pointless. :yucky:

What are your views on this?

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which records are those ATS? I have to say I'm struggling to think of any...

Yes the ATs. I have just been looking through it and there are an awful lot from commercials.

At a quick glance i counted 18. Some are from lakes but they are most likely man made and over fished with buckets of high fat baits.

Edited by AddictedToScopex

Yes the ATs. I have just been looking through it and there are an awful lot from commercials.

At a quick glance i counted 18. Some are from lakes but they are most likely man made and over fished with buckets of high fat baits.

We might struggle with future official records from natural waters with the new legislation. No witnesses and you're buggered! The commercials will have an easier time of it as they are more likely to have somebody else on site to witness the event/fish!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Whoops, I abbreviated your name to ATS to save typing and have confused things! So:

What records are those, AddictedToScopex?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Do you mean Angling Times records rather than national records? If so, it's hardly surprising to be honest!

I can't think of one national record from a commercial. The perch one was, but that's from the Thames now isn't it?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Do you mean Angling Times records rather than national records? If so, it's hardly surprising to be honest!

I can't think of one national record from a commercial. The perch one was, but that's from the Thames now isn't it?

No i mean the national records on the angling trust website.

at least the commercials are accessible to anyone who is willing to pay the price of a day ticket

most of the estate and private lakes that hold some big fish that could be a new record are only fished by tweed clad types with beards so we may never see such fish

at least the commercials are accessible to anyone who is willing to pay the price of a day ticket

Yes but so are the rivers and canals. Many rivers even those owned by clubs have day tickets available. Obviously private estate lakes are just that. Private. We cant really complain about it. It would be like you digging a lake in your own field and then people ringing you bugging you to fish it. Your bound to turn most people away really.