Yeterday evenings trotting session.

Tigger

I had a very enjoyable trotting sesh yesterday evening - thank's to Brian/Lutra for showing me the spot. The pic's are quite disappointing for me as they make all my fish look like tiddlers LOL. I was struggling to take the pic's due to a steep and awkward banking.

Some of the pic's didn't even appear on the camera as there must be something wrong with it. The fish ranged in size from just over a pound (not weighed) to just over 7lb (weighed). The river was very low and running clear - my favourite conditions for trotting if you can find some fast water with a bit depth (2-3ft).

All the fish were hollow and had obviously just spawned. The biggest Chub will be well over 6 later on in the year when it gets back in condition.

june_18_ribble_barble_1.jpg

june_18_ribble_barble_3.jpg

june_18_ribble_barble_4.jpg

june_18_ribble_barble_5.jpg

june_18_ribble_barble_6.jpg

june_18_ribble_barble_7.jpg

june_18_ribble_barble_8.jpg

june_18_ribble_barble_9.jpg

june_18_ribble_chub1a.jpg

june_18_ribble_chub2.jpg

june_18_ribble_chub3.jpg

june_18_ribble_chub4.jpg

june_18_ribble_chub5.jpg

Some lovely fish there tigger, well worth the 3 month wait.

I too went out yesterday afternoon for a spot of trotting but only ended up with a 5lb pike !

But it was good to be out on the bank and with so much wildlife to enjoy too.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Good effort sir, I'll bet your arm aches!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Great session mate, you obviously don't need a better reel :P l

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Great session mate, you obviously don't need a better reel :P l

Oooh, excellent is this going to turn into a new centrepin thread?

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Oooh, excellent is this going to turn into a new centrepin thread?

It could be if you play your cards right......I think Elton ought to rename the site 'Centre Pins are us' or similar.

Sorry Tigger, again, a great session, well done.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!