tench carp in the forth and clyde canal

can anyone help please i heard there is carp and also tench in the forth and clyde canal as i have never fished for any before can anyone help me by telling me how to float fish for them hook size line strength bait etc i live at lambhill right next to the forth and clyde and really want to get stuck into fishing these 2 type of fish thanks for your help guys a keen to start angler

fishing20cartoon.gif

• 2 weeks later...
can anyone help please i heard there is carp and also tench in the forth and clyde canal as i have never fished for any before can anyone help me by telling me how to float fish for them hook size line strength bait etc i live at lambhill right next to the forth and clyde and really want to get stuck into fishing these 2 type of fish thanks for your help guys a keen to start angler

yep there are a few carp in there get down near kirky at the boozer on the canal between Torrance and kirky

btw did you know that the Scottish record carp came from the F&C over 34lb , tench in this same stretch and also the union canal from Falkirk down to where it crosses the river almond ,also carp/tench and barbel in the upper reaches of the river Almond (|West Lothian) not Perth.

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

• 1 year later...

Lots of tench in the Forth and Clyde canal. Best tench I have had was 6lb while carp fishing at the wides at Kelvinhead.

Bream are in this stretch too.

Feed heavy to get through the roach and perch. Don't go below 4lb line due to the lilies and weeds.

The cheaper tough sweetcorn is good. Two or three bits on a size ten hook.