Fishing Estuary on Drift - Rig? Bass

Pav

In my local estuary I notice the boat guys anchor and then cast and spin lures over the reef. I would like to fish the same area on the drift.

Any tips on how to fish this area. Also is it possible to jig for bass on slack water like for mackeral? when I am unable to drift with current.

So far my idea is to use a weight on a boom, long trace and eddy eel.

I however think some use a bubble float and eddy eel.

I also have a Bass Bandit, but never used it?

Any tips or ideas would be appreciated as I want to avoid anchoring and stick to artificial lures.

Thankyou.

In my local estuary I notice the boat guys anchor and then cast and spin lures over the reef. I would like to fish the same area on the drift.

Any tips on how to fish this area. Also is it possible to jig for bass on slack water like for mackeral? when I am unable to drift with current.

So far my idea is to use a weight on a boom, long trace and eddy eel.

I however think some use a bubble float and eddy eel.

I also have a Bass Bandit, but never used it?

Any tips or ideas would be appreciated as I want to avoid anchoring and stick to artificial lures.

Thankyou.

Have you thought about lure fishing ?? I love casting plugs on the drift. Trolling a plug is also great fun. Mabe you could also consider float fishing baits such as sandeel, or maybe even freeling them (The takes are amazing with this method)