Paddle round the pier charity open 2010

underwaterimage

Hi all,

Its that time of year again and the PRTP planning is well underway. The fishing open is full of prizes donated and as previous years, a full list of prizes and sponsors will be put up here. If you know of anyone (does not have to be fishing related) who can donate to the prize fund please PM me.

Last years fishing event raised £1400 all of which went into the PRTP charity fund. The weekend event as a whole raised £30,000 so we wrote three cheques for £10k to each of our three beneficiaries.

We have secured sponsorship of another amazing fishing kayak as the main raffle prize for a very lucky winner. More details to follow but the main info is below.

Who gets the money raised? The RNLI, Whoopsadaisy, Surfaid International

Where: Brighton Marina, East Arm for booking in.

When: Saturday 3rd July 2010

Booking in: 1130am at East Arm entrance

Grand Raffle Draw: 1230

Walk off: 1330

Fishing commences: 1330-1900

The prize for the comp is a years ownership of the magnificent PRTP trophy, hand made by Mike Shorer his work can be seen here http://www.mikeshorerjewellery.com/

For more information on the Paddle Round the Pier Fishing Event see http://www.paddleroundthepier.com/whats%20...%20contest.html

I hope to see all of you there. Watch this thread for prize updates.

Tight lines

Sean

PRIZE FUND SO FAR..

TOP RAFFLE PRIZE: Pelican Castaway 130 fishing kayak!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mighty Bright Goodies TBA http://www.wsftackle.com/acatalog/mi...tip_tape.shtml

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WSF Goodies TBA

----------------------------

Tackle from The Tackle Box at Brighton Marina

--------------------------------------------

Leeda 9ft Spinning Rod from Prime Angling in Worthing

--------------------------------------------

Guided Fishing day for two with FishyRob http://www.fishyrob.co.uk/Guiding/guidingindex.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uptide Boat Rod

Tronixpro have genorously offered 3 x pack of sea fishing tackle.

http://www.wsftackle.com/cgi-bin/ss0...CTION=Sear ch

A 50lb Boat Rod

-------------------------

A 30lb Boat Rod

A 15ft Beachcaster

A 14ft Beachcaster

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50% DISCOUNT on your first purchase at the Breakwater Cafe, sponsored by Pavillion Property Maintenance

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 x Okuma beach fixed spool reels

-----------------------------------

3 x Storm fixed spool reels

1 x Daiwa Slosh

1x Fladen Coast Expert Spinning Rod and reel combo

----------------------------------------------------

Ron Thompson luggage set worth £50

----------------------------------------------------

I have confirmed a deal with the Breakwater Cafe and sponsored by Pavillion Property Maintenance http://www.ppms.gb.com/ where everyone taking part in the paddle fishing comp will get a whopping 50% discount on their first purchase. Simply show them your entry raffle ticket (signed by me) to claim your 50% reduction. Bacon sarnies all round.

post-5749-1277719618_thumb.png

post-5749-1277720281_thumb.png

Edited by underwaterimage

Best regards

Sean Clark

www.underwaterimage.co.uk

sean@underwaterimage.co.uk

Hi all,

OK time for the results of todays comp. First I want to say a huge thank you too all of those who took part, the sponsors and especially Bloatedcod who has helped me get prizes and run the event. Thank you. A special mention for Jason who helped a great deal. Cheers.

21 anglers took part in todays sunny competition with fairly lumpy seas. A staggering £820 was raised in sponsorship which is to be added to the main paddle charity pot.

In true paddle form, the event was relaxed and friendly with some good natured banter. Fish caught were wrasse, polluck, pout, macks, garfish, bass, sole and gurnard. So species points were making a difference in the results.

1st Place went to Ally Harvey (406pts) who battled hard in the last few hours to catch up with Sam (381pts) in second place. 3rd place to George Cunningham who very genoerously sponsored the event in its fourth year.

Tronix also sponsored a best junior prize which went to 15year old Richard (132pts) closely on his heels was the talented 7 year old Paige Harvey who had 132 points. It always makes me happy to see the juniors doing so well. Its worth noting that these juniors beat the majority of the adult entrants.

The raffle had many prizes to give away and i hope that all of you are happy with your prizes. The first prize in the raffle was a Pelican fishing kayak generously donated by Pelican. This was drawn first and won by a very happy Alan Stewart. Well done and I hope to see you bobbing about at sea soon.

So, next years event starts to be planned next week and i hope to make it even more of a success.

Finally, the paddle round the pier event is on all day on Sunday at Hove lawns. Its FREE to come along, live bands (Letz Zep headlining), bar, food, hundreds of events, kids / family events etc. I will be there so please come along and suppert the event while having a great day out. I will give a total event update on Tuesday after all the paperworks are tied up.

Thank you all for taking part. I hugely appreciate it.

Best regards

Sean Clark

www.underwaterimage.co.uk

sean@underwaterimage.co.uk