A case against the CA / NAA 'agreement'.

Peter Waller

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaffer:

Gentlemen, up to now this thread has been civilised and respectful to most parties. :)

I would like to think that further replies to this thread will continue in this manner.

Just emphasizing the fact that this thread could be closed down if fellow anglers start slagging each other off....

Be friendly :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

A very constructive answer Alan, I take it it was said just a tad tongue in cheek.

I have received E-Mails from both sides of the fence, so to speak. I will respect the confidentiality of them. But I will say that a very clear picture has emerged from behind the scenes. Not a rosy picture.

I will ask, though, a few questions.

Who first proposed that the NAA have an agreement with the CA? Who seconded the proposal?

Over how many NAA meetings did this matter rear its ugly head?

Did the NAA allow the constituant groups to go back to their committees to discuss the proposal between meetings?

This was a very major matter, yet the NAA has not been up and running for long. Why was the matter rushed through so early in its life?

But then, I suppose, we shall get the usual shallow answers, but I just thought I'd ask.

One thing is abundantly clear. The next A.G.M. of the SAA, and hopefully other bodies involved, will be nice quiet affairs! I don't think!

Also that the matter is not being allowed to rest.

[ 09 April 2002, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Phil, when the SAA came into existance, I like numerous other anglers breathed a sigh of relief. We had hoped that a body had come into existance that would genuinly, and fairly, represent the interests of those of us who are not catered for by the match orientated NFA. People had come forward, the SACG & NASA had amalgamated, a body had taken it upon itself to speak for its membership, & in doing so, look after the interests of us all.

At this moment I feel betrayed by the SAA & NFA etc. I have not renewed my NFA membership. At this moment in time I have no wish to be associated with the SAA as it is, sorry. As a non member I shall not be there.

The SAA is still on trial. The verdict? We shall see. At the moment, if I believe E-Mails sent to me, and I see no reason why I shouldn't, I am not alone in these views. Perhaps a strong coarse angling body will come out of this. Its up to the SAA as to whether it will be that body, as I have faith that it will be, if the resolve is in place.

Since the SAA is up and running I wish it well and hope that this misjudgement of the majority mood is just a blip as the SAA settles in. Hopefully the SAA will be a stronger body, one that is prepared to stand up on its own rather than be manipulated, as it would appear to have been on this occasion.

An alternative to SAA, maybe, we shall see. However I don't think that is the way forward.

Peter Waller:

A very constructive answer Alan, I take it it was said just a tad tongue in cheek.

I have received E-Mails from both sides of the fence, so to speak. I will respect the confidentiality of them. But I will say that a very clear picture has emerged from behind the scenes. Not a rosy picture.

I will ask, though, a few questions.

Who first proposed that the NAA have an agreement with the CA? Who seconded the proposal?

Over how many NAA meetings did this matter rear its ugly head?

Did the NAA allow the constituant groups to go back to their committees to discuss the proposal between meetings?

This was a very major matter, yet the NAA has not been up and running for long. Why was the matter rushed through so early in its life?

But then, I suppose, we shall get the usual shallow answers, but I just thought I'd ask.

One thing is abundantly clear. The next A.G.M. of the SAA, and hopefully other bodies involved, will be nice quiet affairs! I don't think!

Also that the matter is not being allowed to rest.

As expected, so far, no answers! Well . . . . . .

That is because there is nothing further of value to add at this time.

See you at the SAA meeting.....

Thread closed

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan