KAPS section of the medway

in-line

alright guys, just a quick questions about the KAPS section of the medway. recently ive been giving the river a go, with varying results but nothing more than a few 3lb bream. i was just wondering if anyone knows if there are any carp that reside in this stretch, i persoanlly havent heard of any captures but i thought it was worth asking. if so what sort of tactics would you recomend. i know at the moment there is a little bit of weed and also that the bottom is littered with tonnes of dead branches and snags.

any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

in-line

in-line

The KAPS section of the Medway does have some big Carp but like all river carp they are mobile and you will have to seek them out. We did loose a number of fish through disease a few years back so numbers are not what they were but they are still there.

The snags are worse on the Kenward stretch by the way

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• 1 month later...
Thanks tony, il definatley have to give it a go. hopefully with a little bit of pre-baiting and patience il be able to get in contact with a few of the carp down there.

thanks again

in-line

There were a few hanging around the upper stretch where the boats end and the trees start, I would guess around the 10lb mark.

I have had a couple of half decent tench there (5 1/2lb) but never landed a carp :angry: