big fish

biggacod

Whatever the weights, the guys on that site and the guys in the festival are now owed a write up as it was two days ago the foto's where posted. Also where are the details of the fish that Mr biggercod wrote about, still waiting.

That ling could be 54lb and there could also be a bit of net rash showing on it's head. :D:D

No photos of the Hartlepool fish as yet Barry, but they are genuine. They were weighed in a local tackle shop.

http://www.wildcard-charters.com/community...1bb9e40b1dbaaed

Alan

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for foo, there is bigger fish in the sea landed by rod and 20lb bs line. Click records. :)

http://www.ourjoe-l.co.uk/

Thanks Barry some stunning fish there and magnificent achievements, superb stuff. I really enjoyed looking through that site.

My original reply was tongue in cheek by the way lol I figured a man holding a 54lb fish at near arms length with very little effort was just a wind up.

Well until someone comes on and gives me irrefutable evidence that neither fish are what they're claimed to be then I'll take everyones word that both the Hartlepool and Whitby fish are what they are claimed to be

Slightly away from topic but has been mentioned before so here goes

Why when theres a very well established and succssesful angling festival happening a few miles down the coast is there another angling festival on at the same time

One is a regular calander event and is heavily advertised and attracts a fairly big audience of anglers and the other competes against it for the same clientel at the same time

Surely its not hard for both festival organisors to get their heads together and avoid a clash of dates therby maximising both ports chances of attracting anglers in sufficient numbers to make them both viable and more importanly to attract future business for both

If it was'nt by accident I would'nt have known one was on such as been the level of publicity and yet I live fairly close to it and neither I nor anyone I've asked knew there was anything happening there, seems from some of the local sites, NESA and WSF that that feeling is fairly widespread

I know theres phone lines and internet even in Whitby and Hartlepool these days and when they don't work the last stage usually departs at sundown so if angling festivals are to grow and ports develop further still the reps from both charter asociations would be better off working together rather than letting parocial interests come first

Thanks Barry some stunning fish there and magnificent achievements, superb stuff. I really enjoyed looking through that site.

My original reply was tongue in cheek by the way lol I figured a man holding a 54lb fish at near arms length with very little effort was just a wind up.

Both those conger are obviously not mine, fished with both the guys holding the ton up ones and they are magical to watch, both of these guys are light line experts. The biggest one, he could only claim the uk and europeon records as the 20lb line he used was not tested by the U S A, so they wouldn't ratify it. It obviously was tested to gain the other two records.

Again, the skipper knows the wrecks that these conger live on, he has promised me a go for a ton up one, that will have to wait untill i can spend more time down there than i do already. His mate was the guy who held the u k record for the largest conger, sadly he died last within the last two years.

Brilliant boat fishing that is.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Why when theres a very well established and succssesful angling festival happening a few miles down the coast is there another angling festival on at the same time

One is a regular calander event and is heavily advertised and attracts a fairly big audience of anglers and the other competes against it for the same clientel at the same time

Surely its not hard for both festival organisors to get their heads together and avoid a clash of dates therby maximising both ports chances of attracting anglers in sufficient numbers to make them both viable and more importanly to attract future business for both

If it was'nt by accident I would'nt have known one was on such as been the level of publicity and yet I live fairly close to it and neither I nor anyone I've asked knew there was anything happening there, seems from some of the local sites, NESA and WSF that that feeling is fairly widespread

I know theres phone lines and internet even in Whitby and Hartlepool these days and when they don't work the last stage usually departs at sundown so if angling festivals are to grow and ports develop further still the reps from both charter asociations would be better off working together rather than letting parocial interests come first

There is no way around it Brian. The Hartlepool festival runs from June - September so it is always going to clash with the Whitby one.

Alan

Alan

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

No photos of the Hartlepool fish as yet Barry, but they are genuine. They were weighed in a local tackle shop.

http://www.wildcard-charters.com/community...1bb9e40b1dbaaed

Alan

barry i was many miles away when these fish were caught in hartlepool mate i would like to see pictures my self ,i got a phone call to tell me ,i dont lie about weights of fish unlike some lol

dont see the point

as it happens i think between hartlepool and whitby there will be some big fish about september

watch this space :o:o:o

You would of thought someone with a bit of sence and have a camera to hand, you can pick em up on ebay for ten pence.

quote:

as it happens i think between hartlepool and whitby there will be some big fish about september

watch this space

Good, i will look forward to the foto's then :lol:

Answer me a question, don't you guys have conger eels living on your wrecks up there. U K record was caught just 8 mile off B)

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Answer me a question, don't you guys have conger eels living on your wrecks up there. U K record was caught just 8 mile off B)

Hi Barry,

No one fishes for conger eels in this part of the world, though I don't know why. I suspect the cod goggles have too much effect. :lol:

There was a very early winter in the late 60's up here (67 I think) when the temperature dropped to minus 5 in September. :o

As you know conger are susceptible to temperature changes and heaps of them were washed up along the shore from Newcastle to Scarborough some of which were over 8ft long. John Brennans view was that all the conger were killed, and there werent any, but the reality is if the habitat were suitable for them then, it would be now. They would just re-populate. The divers have told us congers inhabit the wrecks.

We had a porbeagle shark spotted (by many) last year which was 8ft long, but no charter boat advertises trips for them.

Alan

Edited by wildcard

Hi Barry,

No one fishes for conger eels in this part of the world, though I don't know why. I suspect the cod goggles have too much effect. :lol:

There was a very early winter in the late 60's up here (67 I think) when the temperature dropped to minus 5 in September. :o

As you know conger are susceptible to temperature changes and heaps of them were washed up along the shore from Newcastle to Scarborough some of which were over 8ft long. John Brennans view was that all the conger were killed, and there werent any, but the reality is if the habitat were suitable for them then, it would be now. They would just re-populate. The divers have told us congers inhabit the wrecks.

We had a porbeagle shark spotted (by many) last year which was 8ft long, but no charter boat advertises trips for them.

Alan

Can't see the deepwater wrecks being affected, if that was the case there wouldn't be any on the south coast then. There's loads. Anything over 50 metres, it would take a heck of a lot of temp differance and prolong spell of cold weather, can't see it happening, so in my mind, if scotland have them, the south have them, there is no reason why your coast is any different. During last years winter period we caught them inshore, on shallow water wrecks, so again it would have to be a really big freeze to have an detrimental effect. Not saying it didn't happen, inshore but again i can't see the deeper water wrecks being affected. Some forward thinking skipper is going to clean up. John Brennan was talking to me before he died with regards to having a go at them and the big ling that are up there. Sadly it didn't happen. Still one day. :)

Couple of year ago i hooked a porbeagle while fishing 4 mile off portland for conger, i have promised myself a return trip to get it to the boat the next time. Already got two dates ready for the latter part of the year. Fancy a conger trip? :D