iPhone Cutting Out

Elton

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just restored mine, but haven't worked out how to get it to tell me what software it's running yet.

I didn't do the carrier update this time and will bell someone in the morning to see if it's still bust :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I have heard stories of OS4 deleting complete contact lists and purchased Apps hence when i synched to Itunes and it asked me if i wanted to upgrade i pressed a categorical NO !!! Will wait to see the outcome....and i have a 3G

I've just restored mine, but haven't worked out how to get it to tell me what software it's running yet.

I didn't do the carrier update this time and will bell someone in the morning to see if it's still bust :(

Settings / general / about ad scroll down to version. I fear it will still say 4.something.

Settings / general / about ad scroll down to version. I fear it will still say 4.something.

Yep - 4.0 (8A293) :(

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Heard it on the news this morning that Apple are saying there is not actually a problem at all? It appears that they have actually informed people that they are actually receiving a better signal than they are. (Bars show say 4 bars and signal strength is actually two) So when your phone cuts out and you still have two bars showing it should actually be showing none apparently??

It say OXO on the side of buses but they don't apparently sell them either??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Heard it on the news this morning that Apple are saying there is not actually a problem at all? It appears that they have actually informed people that they are actually receiving a better signal than they are. (Bars show say 4 bars and signal strength is actually two) So when your phone cuts out and you still have two bars showing it should actually be showing none apparently??

It say OXO on the side of buses but they don't apparently sell them either??

I think this is a slightly different problem Chris. The signal fault is with the new Iphone4....the upload problem is with the older phones being loaded with the new operating system that is offered when synched to Itunes.

I have now been told that this phone, which I ordered in March over the internet, has to be returned to a store. I'm livid. I'm expected to take time out of my day, drive to town, park and return this to a shop and, no doubt, do the same when they've fixed it.

O2 and Apple are not my favourite two companies right now :angry:

I think this is a slightly different problem Chris. The signal fault is with the new Iphone4....the upload problem is with the older phones being loaded with the new operating system that is offered when synched to Itunes.

Paul, sorry to disagree mate but this IS the problem. (Maybe me explaining it wrong?) The old phones had an internal receiver and the new MK4 has the receiver on the outside of the phone and the problem is that IF you SQUEEZE the phone at the wrong point the signal drops! BUT as Apple said the signal strength is not as strong as it shows anyway? (Smells strongly of BULL sh1t to me!) So they are going to apply a retrodownload to correct this! Personally I am with Elton, this is horsesh1t and as such I certainly would not be buying one of these phones!

IF they had right away said "Sorry but we bolloxed it" then people would still have been annoyed BUT at least they would have been a tad honest! Thsi is to me just like the fiasco with the duff battery episode in the Ipods!! It is absolutely unacceptable and it will take sme one with enough clout to challenge this in court to get them to take notice. And I just hope someone is big enough to take them on over it as they are a racket and nothing else!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

That's not the problem I have, Chris.

Mine's a 3GS and now cuts out on calls since the latest software upgrade.