Yahoo Search Engine.

chevin

I think the problem is that Yahoo is set as your default browser. But buggered if I can get any sense from FF users at present! Or even the FF site! It went like this!

I downloaded and installed the latest offering from FF. I could not get back on the internet AT ALL! So I rolled back and then FF woudl not load. It simply appeared in the list and dropped out again. So I logged in on I.E. and went to the FF/Mozilla site. No replies to my question and so looked for problems with 3.6 and of course someone (Several people) Have same problem. I type a reply and then post it?? Well actually no I don't as it will not post as I have not set a heading for the post. I have really just FF site will not accept this and no matter WHAT I did even trying to post again did NOTHING to help!! So then I try installing chrome!!

Well that was even better!! I cannot see at all why anyone having used Google toolbar on a browser can get on with this pile of crap! It is a bloody nightmare to work with!! It changed it OWN settings twice in ten minutes and you can't as fr as I can see get ANY icons on the taskbar at all. Sorry but I DO like Google products but this is BAD for me! Simply unuseable. I uninstalled it right away.

So I eventually succeeded in downloading 3.5? again and am now running that. And even getting some problems I didn't have before? So I think I am now going to take the leap and install WIN 7 and have done with it!! But WHAT browser I don't know!!

So to end sorry Chevin but at present I am afarid I cannot offer any more help! BUT be assured if I can I will!

Thanks anyway mate. Strange things happen. Oddly enough I am finding Chrome to be very good. It is faster (for me) than FF was and I keep the settings I have entered. There is something in my FF settings that is telling my computer to keep the Yahoo search engine as the default. I can change the default and remove Yahoo in the search management panel, but the next time I log on to FF I get a note telling me that my search engine has been restored to default which, of course, is Yahoo. Thanks for your help anyway, it is appreciated.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks anyway mate. Strange things happen. Oddly enough I am finding Chrome to be very good. It is faster (for me) than FF was and I keep the settings I have entered. There is something in my FF settings that is telling my computer to keep the Yahoo search engine as the default. I can change the default and remove Yahoo in the search management panel, but the next time I log on to FF I get a note telling me that my search engine has been restored to default which, of course, is Yahoo. Thanks for your help anyway, it is appreciated.

I did get a reply back and must have somehow used my Yahoo mail as the address Why i have NO idea!? But basically they said to alter the settings in the tools bar which you had already done, so that would have been no use either! And I have now installed WIN7 and Firefox is not working again for me either!!! Ho HUM!

Sorry couldn't help anymore and apprciate your comments!

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))