Camera Advice Please

nursejudy

I want to treat myself for a BIG birthday present ,I love my panasonic but find its a bit big to fit into handbag! and would like a smaller one that still is going to take smashing pictures any advice please I like both of these but cannot make my mind up.

this one

or this one

my first was a sony

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

I want to treat myself for a BIG birthday present ,I love my panasonic but find its a bit big to fit into handbag! and would like a smaller one that still is going to take smashing pictures any advice please I like both of these but cannot make my mind up.

this one

or this one

my first was a sony

Hi Judy, long-time no speak? I've not been around much recently either. I trust you are well?

So your question, basic answer . . . get a bigger handbag . . . :P well you did ask . . . ouch!!! :rolleyes:

. . . I have looked at the two camera specs in the links . . . Initially I liked the Powershot's stabilised x14 lens . . . compared with the Panasonics x12 unstabilised offering, personally I dont see any point in GPS?

However, I then looked at the 'sample picture' pages . . . O'dear, the Powershot just did not do it, my feeling was 'lifeless', one or two were OK but they were strong subjects any way. The Panasonic on the other hand, had me 'wanting to see the next one'. Now this may be a function of the menu set up? . . . we are talking compact here :unsure: so, I doubt it, the comment in the 'link text' also picked up on poor picture quality.

Panasonic have carved themselves a good reputation in the world of compacts . . . as a PowerShot user, now very old (camera and user :rolleyes: ) I think I would jump ship with the DMC-ZS7, finaly a personal choice of course.

SW

PS, If you have not read it, you might have a wade thought this little lot :o Jump to the 'conclusions page' its easier:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q210grouptravelzoom/

Edited by Sutton Warrior