A newbie from Bedford

Donnie

Hi all, well another newbie here.

My experience of fishing was a rod and reel and some worms dug from the back garden 30 years ago when I was a kid!!

Nothing since then but have bought a pole, a rig and some worms to go fishing with the 2 kids.

Mind you, now that Ive started looking into it Im absolutely boggled by all the terminology etc!!

Donnie - Fishing level? Ummmmm ....... Numpty.

Welcome to Anglers' Net Donnie.

There is a lot of info and a lot of choice but you don't need to try and learn it all early on. For getting kids started, simple is good and fishing venues where they get lots of bites is essential. Short sessions are also good.

A light and fairly short rod (6-7 ft whip is good) and using maggots or worms under a float on a smallish hook is probably the way to go for now.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Welcome to Anglers' Net Donnie.

There is a lot of info and a lot of choice but you don't need to try and learn it all early on. For getting kids started, simple is good and fishing venues where they get lots of bites is essential. Short sessions are also good.

A light and fairly short rod (6-7 ft whip is good) and using maggots or worms under a float on a smallish hook is probably the way to go for now.

Cheers Newt :-)

Donnie - Fishing level? Ummmmm ....... Numpty.