Bumped into someone interesting the other day......

jeepster

Quite - it's not so much what he says that seems to upset people as how he says it. I liked having him round AN, he was always good value, particularly when he and Jeepster were having a go at each other :lol:

Ah, so Wade is that bloke on the telly. And Boote is that bloke who always sprinkles his posts with tales of the dusky maiden he was bedding at the time?

Wikipedia is funny on Wade :

CriticismFellow avid fishermen posting in various fishing groups online have expressed criticism of the presentation of River Monsters as 'sensasionalist', whilst some question its premise, his process and results; including Wade's conflicting timeline statements about catching mahseer "for the first time" in Jungle Hooks: India in 2006, his book Somewhere Down The Crazy River on catching mahseer in India published in 1992, and his first fishing trip to India in search of the same, in 1982; and sharpeyed viewers of River Monsters can spot his fishing rod's colour having changed three times while trying to reel in the same fish.

:)

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

and sharpeyed viewers of River Monsters can spot his fishing rod's colour having changed three times while trying to reel in the same fish.

Huh! They obviously have no knowledge of the Paul Boote "Cuttlefish" brand rods, which change colour according to the mood of the angler, the emotions generated during the playing of a large fish, etc. :rolleyes:

a bit like that twit with the river cottage ,i can visualise him after filming helicoptering off to london leaving a couple of peons to keep the place up until the next week.

he hasnt a grasp of much in the country anyway and no doubt his exploits are very heavily scripted with the odd stand in whilst he sips champers waiting to be told what to do in the next shot.So long the continuity bods do their job he can shoot most of it bluescreen anyway in london and not get dirty at all ,obviously the continuity lot were bad in the angling scenes mentioned as well ,bit of wild river for an hour waiting for local to hook fish ,take over ,let local bank it ,take over then helicopter off for tiffin etc home for bedtime ,rather than "country man" or "angler" just read "actor"

i cant see much interest in giants their heyday was in the the late victorian times up to the 1930's ,the "monsters" we see now are mere shadows of what our wandering great grandfathers dragged out and not a stunt man in sight nor helicopters to drop them off nearby :D

still if you can last 25 years and just go angling your either a prostitute or have a very good agent or your wallet is very thick :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson