Sushi/sashimi to the extreme....

jeepster

Just spent three weeks in Japan filming a travelogue series, there were many, many highlights, but theone for you chaps, was when a live squid was hooked from take, discected with the sharpest knife in Hokkaido, the the presenter and I (he was being filmed, I was moral support, but to be honest fancied it anyway) eat still wriggling tentacles, which wriggle even more when you dip em in the inevitable soy!

The wriggles tentacles weren't thehighlight for me, but the finely sliced tube (the calamari if you like) was amazing, so sweet, and nothing like anythingI've eaten elsewhere. If the squid haven't been eaten after an hour, they're chucked and used asbait, as they're no longer deemed fit to eat. think about that nex time you're in the supermarket buyng frozen squid :)

I'd love to have a chance to try that.

Lots of foods are far better when very fresh - almost like a different food altogether - while others are better after they age for a few weeks or months.

Maybe Golum (from Lord of the Rings) had the right idea about eating.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Sounds to em like my own idea of Mackerel! I would not eat Mackerel after an hour out of the water either! I do (Sometimes) envy you, you know! :P

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Didn't her parents ever tell her you shouldn't play with your food?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Still, I don't suppose it's much worse than my blue steaks...the only difference is that my steak doesn't move!

Cut the horns off, wipe the bum and wave a candle at it? :)

Apart from the wriggling bits I think I'd enjoy that squid sashimi, though.