Wingham Fish-In Reports

Steve Burke

In the past we've sometimes had several threads going at once and that's been confusing. So please post any catch reports and other Fish-In news here.

Turning to weather, Metcheck's site is still being upgraded. Once it's up and running you'll be able to get forecasts at http://www.metcheck.com You'll need the postcode for Wingham which is CT3.

You can also get hourly forecasts from http://uk.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/UKXX0029

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to thanks again Steve from Matthew, Liam & myself for allowing to come down this weekend.

A frustrating weekend with the tench feeding in my swim but not picking up my bait!!!

Well done to all of you that did catch.

Thanks again to Peggy for all her hard work doing all the cooking.

Please pass on our thanks again to the baliffs for 1, taking our gear to our swim and 2, for all the hard work they have put in, the fishery is a credit to them.

I WILL catch a Wingham fish one day!

Nice to meet more of the AN crew and to meet up with old friends again.

Thanks again Steve.

Lyn, Matthew & Liam

x

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

I second that emotion. I didnt catch either, not for the want of trying, but I had a great day in good company.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

I'll post a fuller report tomorrow but I'm whacked!

Four tench have been caught: a baby of about 2lb, whilst the others went 7-00, 7-08 & 8-08.

A fair few perch have come out, the best being 2-15, 3-02, 3-06 & 3-09.

Will was smashed by a carp on 8lb line but landed a 3½lb eel, whilst poor Rob has lost a big bream.

Conditions were awful on Saturday with a chilly NE wind off the cold sea. Things are now rapidly improving, but are by no means good with the fish just picking at the baits leading to a lot of missed bites.

Howeever, a south-westerly is forecast for tomorrow, so hopefully the 15 members who are staying overnight will have a lot more good fish. :)

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Steve,

I had a great day on saturday,missed one bit on your worms was that 5lb Perch no doubt still no one will ever know.

The venue is fantastic and so beautiful it is a credit to you and all your support team please pass on my thanks for all their help and advice

during the day.

I do hope that i get another opportunity to try my luck,i will apply next year and see if i am lucky.

Maybe see you down on the river beult during the summer.

Regards,

Richard

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Steve,Thanks for the opportunity to fish such a fantastic venue, Could only manage the Sunday but managed to beat my previous best tench by nearly 2lb, Fantastic!! Even a Mole came to see me another first! Thanks to Peggy for the food and to Dave and yourself for the sound advise offered. Great venue, Great people, Thanks again Tight lines Kevin.

The Barbecue:

Posted Image

Somehow the storm that was due to arrive at the same time as the barbecue missed!

Though it did become all dark and threatening and Steve suggested that now would be a good time for me to go home!

Having had a biteless morning, I returned to my swim, cast out, and as I adjusted the rod rest I glanced back to my float and it was gone.

And some line was disappearing down the hole where the float had been!

My first fish of the day, a perch that may have been nearly half a pound.

Four more perch followed in quick succession, the biggest more like 1lb than half, but not by much.

Three more perch followed at intervals making 8 in total.

As this is a newly cut swim, never before fished, as the person who chistened it, I claim the right to name it Small Perch Bay!

I was going to stay until the light faded, but some gentle rain started, which increased and looked as though it was going to set in.

Having spent the week suffering from a bad chest cold (I wasn't supposed to go out!), sense prevailed over the thought of hooking into a monster tench and I packed up to leave.

The rain stopped!

(Is someone trying to tell me something?)

Anyway many thanks Steve, and to Peggy who tempted me to partake of the barbecue, despite my best intentions to stick to my low chlorestorol sandwiches, and thanks to the bailiffs who knackered themselves gettin the site ready for the AN invasion.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Leon Roskilly:

The Barbecue:

Posted Image

OI ! The bloke on the left is sitting on the daffodils I planted this spring. :D Gerroff! :D

Seriously, I'm glad the rain kept off, and all had a good time. We had a similar worry about our recent barbie at Loch Aline, but got a one-day window of fine weather in several days of rain.

Well done, anyone who had a good fish - Wingham is not an easy venue at all - but as at Loch Aline, monsters do lurk out there.

[ 12. June 2005, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Wingham at around 6am this morning.

Posted Image

I had a kingfisher buzzing back and forwards in front of me for most of the day, and the insect life in the afternoon was incredible.

TL - leon

[ 12. June 2005, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust