PB Barbel

Christy

Yesterday at roughly 7:00 AM I caught my largest barbel yet, just over 3.5lb a beautiful fish that fought like a true warrior! Unfortunately my bastard father didn't let me take the family's camera with me - even though he had no justifiable objection! <_<

"Man is his own worst enemy"

-Marcus Tullius Cicero

Yesterday at roughly 7:00 AM I caught my largest barbel yet, just over 3.5lb a beautiful fish that fought like a true warrior! Unfortunately my bastard father didn't let me take the family's camera with me - even though he had no justifiable objection! <_<

Have some respect for your dad m8 :rolleyes:

Unless he has no dad of course ....so he is a true barsteward :)

Edited by Tigger

Have some respect for your dad m8 :rolleyes:

Unless he has no dad of course ....so he is a true barsteward :)

Well said sir! However, well done for the barbel. Good result. I've not had one yet this year.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

My father physically and psychologically abuses me and my mother, he shows me no respect and is incredibly rude - please tell me why I should respect him? :o

"Man is his own worst enemy"

-Marcus Tullius Cicero

My father physically and psychologically abuses me and my mother, he shows me no respect and is incredibly rude - please tell me why I should respect him? :o

Two wrongs never make a right. Your big enough to go fishing alone, then you are also big enough to report him to the appropriate authorities...

30 years ago you would have been truly alone and if you had reported him in those days you would have got very little sympathy or help.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

I'm sorry to hear about your abuse, there is no excuse for that. you should talk to someone about him so that something can be done.

On a brighter note:

Congratulations on you personal best Barbel. they are fabulous fish aren't they.

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Leaving your personal difficulties to one side.

Good Barbel I hope it was an exciting catch and the first of many, I have known experienced (well they go fishing a lot) have troubles catching Barbel so well done.

You sound very young, but don't worry about the lack of a camera I am in my 60's and have never taken a camera with me until I turned 60.

For me it has always been a very personal thing and a very private thing just between me and the fish...I can still remember often with a smile each time I caught a good fish and it gave me an exciting fight. I only use a keepnet if match fishing and will only take scales to weigh a fish if I am fishing with a pal or friends, because to me the weight is not as important nor is the quantity as the pure pleasure of catching a fish whatever size. Perhaps that is why I tend to fish very light and thoroughly enjoy difficult stretches and hard to catch fish...Especially so when I hear comments of the fish aren't biting or there are no fish in that part of the river...maybe I am just an obstinate sort of angler who refuses to accept comments like that...which may be the reason behind only one blank in 57 years of angling (I should have float legered that day in stead of trying to fish flood conditions in a weirpool with all the gates wide open)... :wallbash: ... :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

which may be the reason behind only one blank in 57 years of angling (I should have float legered that day in stead of trying to fish flood conditions in a weirpool with all the gates wide open)...

ONE BLANK in 57 yrs....now come on that really is a very hard one to belive :huh:

ONE BLANK in 57 yrs....now come on that really is a very hard one to belive :huh:

Actually I don't care who believes and who does not I know what I know and how to catch fish is what I know, often when lake fishing as well as river fishing I catch all day and watch others blanking so frequently I too cant believe that they are such poor anglers.

I go angling to catch fish not to sit by the river/stream/lake all day catching nothing.

If you are not catching you are doing something wrong so change and put it right and catch...unless you are just happy to spend a pleasant day by the water catching nothing more than a cold or a few midges bites. I am not willing to do that I go to catch fish and that is what I do.

Actually I don't care who believes and who does not I know what I know and how to catch fish is what I know, often when lake fishing as well as river fishing I catch all day and watch others blanking so frequently I too cant believe that they are such poor anglers.

I go angling to catch fish not to sit by the river/stream/lake all day catching nothing.

If you are not catching you are doing something wrong so change and put it right and catch...unless you are just happy to spend a pleasant day by the water catching nothing more than a cold or a few midges bites. I am not willing to do that I go to catch fish and that is what I do.

I know waters where you'll have blanks no matter how much you try to catch even at this time of year when most fish are obliging and then on the very same water you can have a bumper session when everything goes to plan. It's sods law that if you go fishing often enough you'll blank and that goes for the most determined and knowlageable anglers anywhere...simples. It's like fishing this Winter just gone...no matter what method you tried on many still or running waters you simply where not going to catch.

To fish regularly over a period of 57yrs and never have a day when you catch nowt just doesn't seem possible. Just curious...do you do a lot of fishing ? I'm not pickin at'cha m8 but come on...never blanked in 57yrs. All I can say is you should be in the guiness book of records !

Watatoad, I'm not saying your lying, I'm just amazed that's all. I wish i never blanked :)

Edited by Tigger