Best catfish water in France?

kestrel

Hi guys, I know that many of you will have fished for catfish when visiting France over the past couple of years.

I am looking for a "runs" water for catfish in France, does one exist ?

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Hi guys, I know that many of you will have fished for catfish when visiting France over the past couple of years.

I am looking for a "runs" water for catfish in France, does one exist ?

A runs catfish water...

The only one I can think of is etang de rouge - the one that the carp society used to run (don't think they do anymore). A fair few cats in their, but nothing huge.

I'm trying, and failing, to think of any more...

Rob.

• 2 weeks later...
A runs catfish water...

The only one I can think of is etang de rouge - the one that the carp society used to run (don't think they do anymore). A fair few cats in their, but nothing huge.

I'm trying, and failing, to think of any more...

Rob.

Hi there

If Elton doesn't mind me mentioning it my Croix Blanche Lakes are throwing up some very big cats and a good number of them. Best fish well over 100lb. Do a Google search Croix Blanche Catfish and you'll find a recent video I shot with top Catfish angler Ron Woodward.

Regards

Gareth

Edited by frenchdub

Hi there

If Elton doesn't mind me mentioning it my Croix Blanche Lakes are throwing up some very big cats and a good number of them. Best fish well over 100lb. Do a Google search Croix Blanche Catfish and you'll find a recent video I shot with top Catfish angler Ron Woodward.

Regards

Gareth

I thought of your water Gareth, but wasn't sure it came into the category of a runs water - but then it's been more than a few years since I was last there...

Rob.

Post up a link if you have one, Gareth. No worries :thumbs:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Post up a link if you have one, Gareth. No worries :thumbs:

Ok cheers Elton:

Croix Blanche Lakes

Rob: Not sure either if qualifies as a runs water or if such a thing exists. But anglers using pellets have managed to get a good number of cats in a week and some big ones too. And we are only 2.5 hours from Calais.

Cheers

Gareth

• 3 weeks later...
Ok cheers Elton:

Croix Blanche Lakes

Rob: Not sure either if qualifies as a runs water or if such a thing exists. But anglers using pellets have managed to get a good number of cats in a week and some big ones too. And we are only 2.5 hours from Calais.

Cheers

Gareth

ok thanks, I will take a look at their website, any other suggestions from anyone ?

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Bounty Lakes has a couple of decent fish in it?? But then again so has my local quarry! :P

I'll have a look around now I've seen you thread and let you know?

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• 2 weeks later...