Fishing Romney Marshes many years ago

JV44

Good old Jack before the days of Sundridge suits must have been cold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEm11YCRd2I...feature=related

Used to love watching these in my yooof Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Good old Jack before the days of Sundridge suits must have been cold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEm11YCRd2I...feature=related

Used to love watching these in my yooof Steve.

Thanks for reminding me JV I shall enjoy watching them again :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Yeah thanks Steve, made me late for work it did :D . Not a bad haul for the middle of Winter and some sizeable fish too.

I used to love those programmes but if I recall most shows weren’t dedicated solely to fishing. You’d get the odd bonus one but usually there was a ten minute slot in amongst footage of the local coopers works or the latest farm show. Never did manage to build a barrel.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

i used to love fishing the military canal and drains :(

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yeah thanks Steve, made me late for work it did :D . Not a bad haul for the middle of Winter and some sizeable fish too.

I used to love those programmes but if I recall most shows weren’t dedicated solely to fishing. You’d get the odd bonus one but usually there was a ten minute slot in amongst footage of the local coopers works or the latest farm show. Never did manage to build a barrel.

They did only have small snippets of fishing in the programmes but i found the whole thing good ,More so now than i did then nostalgia face .

His comments about the snooker the night before struck a cord as a teenager i would play snooker up the village men's club and thinking along the lines of i am the new Hurricane Higgins myself and my fellow teenagers would challenge a couple of the old guys from the club to a game of doubles ,Now these old boys were brought up on playing Billiards not snooker and as such there cue ball control was such as to negate any potting advantage us youngsters may have had and i can only recall a couple of occasions when we actually won as they would play percentages always leaving the cue ball safe or on the cushion with a stupidly hard pot to go for which of course we did thus leaving them to clean up which in turn left us having to fork out for yet another couple of pints for the victors whilst we cursed our rotten luck in those long pots just wobbling in the jaws of said pocket .

As they sunk the black they would just shake there head and say mines a pint with a smug grin ah i can see them now.....

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

..as a teenager i would play snooker up the village men's club and thinking along the lines of i am the new Hurricane Higgins.....

Me too but it was in the mid seventies when every Burtons had a snooker hall above it. My highest ever break was 77 which earned me great kudos amongst the other truants in the sixth form. Cost me Geography and RE 'O' levels though, at the time it seemed a good deal......still is come to think of it.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Great programmes those. I actually have the box set of dvd's my Mrs got me a couple of years back. The box sets do come up on ebay occassionally and are definatley worth getting. Even the episodes which arn't about fishing are really good, like market day and rake maker for instance, really interesting.

Me too but it was in the mid seventies when every Burtons had a snooker hall above it. My highest ever break was 77 which earned me great kudos amongst the other truants in the sixth form. Cost me Geography and RE 'O' levels though, at the time it seemed a good deal......still is come to think of it.

Break of 77 now you are just showing off :notworthy: ,I managed my Geography O level but would rarther have had your break tbh Steve.

Ps Newbury ticket has not arrived yet so i will be on the Thames around Goring with the pike fly rod and little boat if you fancy a change of scene mate ..