Martin bowler using sensitive quiver rod?

Tyke

Been watching the fantastic catching the impossible and was amazed at the really light sensitive quiver rod martin bowler used to catch that big Dace.

Does anyone know what make the rod is?

I love small stream fishing and want something really sensitive and 11 foot or under

I nearly bought one of the TFG 8 foot commerical quiver rods but i understand they are not as light and sensitive as you would expect.

Im looking at a couple of rods and one is the shakespear mach 2 xt wand at 9 foot or a Shimano Speedmaster Winklepicker.

The Shakespear looks a good buy for the price so unless someone reccomends a better rod i will be buying this.

By the way when Martin was catching those perch on the feeder on that resevoir i was a bit miffed as its Covenham res near me and no ones allowed to fish it! :angry:

would the rod not be by one of his sponsers rods ? this mp3 (podcast) from his site might give more insight

Perch fishing on the ouse

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

would the rod not be by one of his sponsers rods ?

Mr Chavender - what are you suggesting? Are you suggesting he, er, promotes a particular brand - for money? Outrageous.

Yes, I think you are right!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

yes .its esp i beleave ,well he does ware a lot of there clothing ,(as did terry lampard) in the catching the impossible show last weekend ,so i guess its a drennan rod im8 medium feeder ,if you listen too the link i added above he'll tell you all about it .

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender

yes .its esp i beleave ,well he does ware a lot of there clothing ,(as did terry lampard) in the catching the impossible show last weekend ,so i guess its a drennan rod im8 medium feeder ,if you listen too the link i added above he'll tell you all about it .

outrageous! Sponsorship eh? :D

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

I think the rod he used was an im8 bomb rod. The medium feeders where im6 carbon which where excellent little rods at 11ft 6inches. I have a im6 light feeder which is 11ft.

Here's a medium feeder on the bay at the moment...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/drennan-11-foot-6-me...=item3f01d1857c

The im8 bomb rods have two top sections with bulit in tips and they often come up on ebay. I prefer the im6 range as the tips are push in so you can use whatever test tip you want. They are cleverly stored in the cork handle when not in use.

I think the rod he used was an im8 bomb rod. The medium feeders where im6 carbon which where excellent little rods at 11ft 6inches. I have a im6 light feeder which is 11ft.

The im8 bomb rods have two top sections with bulit in tips and they often come up on ebay. I prefer the im6 range as the tips are push in so you can use whatever test tip you want. They are cleverly stored in the cork handle when not in use.

Despite my sarcasm about sponsorship, it does look like a good rod.

Despite my sarcasm about sponsorship, it does look like a good rod.

I know they stopped making them a few years back and their (drennan) new rods arn't in the same league. Same goes for their match rods etc.

this is the one he describes in his pod cast ,its a multi-length verion 11ft 6" - 13ft

one on e-bay

owls22dx.gif

Chavender