Martin bowler using sensitive quiver rod?

Tyke

Hi

I disagree about the quality of the new drennan rods.

I have many including older ones DRX,s and the new range of match pro rods.

For light river dace work I love to use the matchpro quiver 10/11 combo.

This is a proper combo with 2 different buts to acheive the 10 or 11ft lengths. This means perfect balance at both lengths. It has 3 different top sections of different strengths. 1/2 3/4 and 1 once. They are spliced in complete top sections.

The rod is light and very sensitive and a real pleasure to use. If you hook a bonus chub and you realise what has happened before he dumps you in a snag it will bend perfectly to the butt giving surprising strength.

regards

john

Thanks for the feedback, im monitoring the one on Ebay.

Ive got 2 Drennan rods, one is a light waggler rod and is very slim and light and a joy to use.

The other is a Drennan Tench float rod and ive only used it about 6 times in as many years so i may sell this as its a shame its not getting used more often.

Ive also got a Technium Bomb rod that ive never really got on with and had both tips snap on me( by the top eye) but all i did was trim the tips off and now use the tips with the second eyes now being the top eye!.

Both tips are quite fine so it doesent make much difference.

This happened to me on the Trent too at collingham but i was using a john wilson Avon rod with a 3 oz feeder and when the end eye got cought up with the line and snapped off i trimmed the tip to the next eye and it actually made it better for fishing the tidal trent.

I cought 5 Barbel that day all on maggot and my mate in the peg below me cought nothing using Halibut pellets.

Getting back to Catching the impossible, ive used a prog called Handbrake and converted catching the impossible to work on my Ipod touch.

I know they stopped making them a few years back and their (drennan) new rods arn't in the same league. Same goes for their match rods etc.

I'm afraid I have to agree, I recently had a Drennan Puddlechucker rod break on me! <_<:angry:

"Man is his own worst enemy"

-Marcus Tullius Cicero

Hi I disagree about the quality of the new drennan rods.

I think it's since the rods went cheaper in price and started being produced in china.

On my older drennan rods they had (stamped)fuji sic's or fuji hardloy guides but the modern rods made by drennan all seem to have crappy guides. Also the finnish of the older rods seemed to be of a higher quality along with the carbon. Just my opinion of course !

If you can find one, John Wilson had a rod in his old range, it was a 10ft multiquiver with 3 quivertips. It has to be one of the best small river quiver rods Ive ever used. A certain auction site might be your friend if you want to find one. (no idea if they ever made a newer version)

If you can find one, John Wilson had a rod in his old range, it was a 10ft multiquiver with 3 quivertips. It has to be one of the best small river quiver rods Ive ever used. A certain auction site might be your friend if you want to find one. (no idea if they ever made a newer version)

I recently got shut of the very one, the eyes on the tips where alloy and very weak (bent for nowt) and the reel seat didn't keep the reel secure....not for me :) .

• 1 month later...