Overnigher Tackle Help

Rob 1

Looking to get some kit together to do a few overnighters, pretty much starting from scratch so need Bivvy, Bedchair, Sleeping Bag and remote alarms. Had a look around and can see lots of stuff in my price range but not sure if it's any good. Budgets around £400, any recommendation or things to avoid appreciated.

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Looking to get some kit together to do a few overnighters, pretty much starting from scratch so need Bivvy, Bedchair, Sleeping Bag and remote alarms. Had a look around and can see lots of stuff in my price range but not sure if it's any good. Budgets around £400, any recommendation or things to avoid appreciated.

Hi mate, to be honest there are so many good deals out there it would be hard to recommend anything to you, however one bit of kit I think will be invaluable to you is a headlamp, you can get a decent one now for around £8 and trust me well worth the money, try battling a fish with a torch in your hands (aint gonna happen!!) or rebaiting a hook whilst holding a torch!! I would rather sleep in plastic bag than be without my headlamp!! I would have a look at ebay though you can pick up some decent 2nd hand gear on there, if I were you though I would invest in a decent sleeping bag, I avoided carp shops for these and just went to a camping shop they tended to be cheaper and better quality.

Good luck and tightlines! ;)

Good headlamp (and a spare) and stuff to make you comfortable - that's all you really need, above and beyond your daytime kit.

Being warm, dry and comfortable is key. It won't be fun otherwise.

And be organised - know where everything is when you need it, including landing net, unhooking mat, etc.

If you can get alarms with a remote receiver, it's handy, as you can have the receiver right near your head. That's what I do!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Good headlamp (and a spare) and stuff to make you comfortable - that's all you really need, above and beyond your daytime kit.

Being warm, dry and comfortable is key. It won't be fun otherwise.

And be organised - know where everything is when you need it, including landing net, unhooking mat, etc.

If you can get alarms with a remote receiver, it's handy, as you can have the receiver right near your head. That's what I do!

Agree with Elton above. Stuff to make you comfortable is all you really need, along with a selection of torches and head torches.

You can also add to your kit once you know what else would help and/or you fish throughout the year.

I'm not sure about remote alarms, they are a nice to have, if you have to bivvy up back from your rods (and / or you fish somewhere noisy). I have a remote but for 99% of the time it's switched off as I don't need it. I always bivvy up as close as possible to the rods so that I can watch the rods and the water day or night. I almost always just use a plain umbrella to help with that, but in bad weather I may put the sides on it.

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

1. headlamp

2. spare batteries (for everything)

3. a cooker is nice (cups of tea and a bacon sarnie in the morning)

4. decent shelter (must keep dry)

5. half decent sleeping bag (warmth)

6. any jrc bedchair

7. some cheap croc shoe knock offs (lots easier to throw on after getting out of bag and 2 quid as

opposed to 20 quid for ones with shimano written on)

9. Get one of those magnetic lights that clip in the top of your shelter

8. A good book for when you can't see the water at night

Other than that everything is the same