Fishing from wooden dinghy on rivers and lakes

fruitloopy

My neighbour has a small wooden (it may be fiberglass) dinghy, big enough for two people with oars that I could borrow.

I've always wanted to fish from a boat on a lake or river but I dont know what may be required such as licensing, etc.

I realise that if I want to fish on a lake I need the lake owners permission but I am unsure whats required if fishing on a river, specifically The River Nene outside of Peterborough.

Do I need a license, permission, etc? Do I have to use a slipway or just a convenient location (with landowners permission) to launch from?

I realise this may be the wrong forum as its for the 'Yaks but hopefully someone can help.

I will put this on the coarse fishing forum as well if thats ok?

Any help much appreciated.

It looks like no help in the Yak section so I'll move it over to Coarse.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Depends which side of Peterborough you want to launch from. Downstream you need a license, upstream you don't.

Some people on this forum would tell you that you need landowner's consent to use a non powered craft above Peterborough, but I'm not one of them. As far as I'm concerned, you take your fishing rods and your non powered craft out on the river, and if anyone starts shouting at you then raise 2 fingers and tell them to **** off.

At present, that's as far as I'm prepared to go in appraising you of your legal rights.

If you want further clarification then I suggest you consult a solicitor. :angry:

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

As far as I'm concerned, you take your fishing rods and your non powered craft out on the river, and if anyone starts shouting at you then raise 2 fingers and tell them to **** off.

Is that what you do andy youngs ?