I only went to Ibiza, didn't I?

Wordbender

Votre blaireu est on feu, vous avez un grand conard dans votre tete. Votre femme avez une visage comme un cochon.

Haben se dachs ?

That would get me by i'm sure.

Everyone likes badgers Ziggy, (except English farmers of course), but qu'est-ce que c'est *conard*?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone likes badgers Ziggy, (except English farmers of course), but qu'est-ce que c'est *conard*?

A DUCK.

Who are you that are so wise in the ways of science

Many apologies, cant spell in french, was just thinking of the pronunciation, this is by way of an apo;ogy

Edited by ziggy searchfield

A DUCK.

Who are you that are so wise in the ways of science

Many apologies, cant spell in french, was just thinking of the pronunciation, this is by way of an apo;ogy

OK cheers, I'd discounted *canard* what wiv de O and de A being so far apart on de keyboard. :D

As a reasonably 'worldwide' type of chap, Chesters, I'm happy to report that, in my experience at least, we Brits are not 'hated' at all, mate. In fact, apart from some unpleasantness in a decidedly French bit of Montreal, I've always been treated with the utmost friendship, courtesy and generosity.

I believe that the lurid headlines generated by those few hooligan Brits abroad represent the truth about as well as 'anglers' who leave litter and discarded tackle behind them.

that maybe because :

1) the brits at least spend money on drink and drugs thus being impolite would spoil commerce

or

2) the foreigners are too polite to say they hate brits but mutter it amongst themselves

I'm sure a mob of drunk brits are just as distasteful to them as to me just as a flock of brit pensioners buying up all the houses and setting up ghettos abroad is just as distasteful to them as it is to me when "they" do it over here.

ask the locals where their kids will live when villages are englishised, i expect it much the same response when second homes are bought by the wealthy over here in quaint villages.

probably the brits are hated (or shall i say the english) not only now but for their historical meddling as well.

probably half of america hates us for nasty deeds 300 years ago and the rest still think we live as we did 300 years ago :D

i not only feel sorry for foreigners when they encounter the english abroad i feel sorrow for them when they come here on holiday and see the state of the place and pay dearly to see it as well ,best we never cross each others paths in either place IMHO

we know a french canadian ,nice lady but married a brit and lives here so best to get on with the neighbours! but what she thinks about us will i'm sure be kept to herself.

my mrs speaks to her because she likes her ,i speak because i'm polite ,do we need foreigners no just as foreigners dont need us we lived ok before cheap air travel just as they did .i'm gracious enough to not visit ,meddle ,be seen ,heard or smelt in a foreign country its time foreigners returned the favour ,like tigers if every single one died we'd be better off not supporting them ,life would carry on i'm sure and i'm sure it would be a better life.i'm not a zenophobe if neighbours did the same life would be better too ,the shop lady called me by name now i'v never told her my name i asked how she knew my name she said "i'm" well known in the village !

i told her in no uncertain terms to mind her business :angry: i have never asked her for her name so i dont ****ing want her to know my bloody business! . bloody cheek

i nod and treat them politely and walk bye but i dont bloody chit chat about him or her or it or that and i expect them not to about me ,why cant they just get on with their miserable lives without impinging on others just as foreigners should or we should if some get a strange urge to go abroad.

perhaps i'm well known in the village because i dont need to fill my shallow life with the inns and outs of their ones?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

that maybe because :

1) the brits at least spend money on drink and drugs thus being impolite would spoil commerce

or

2) the foreigners are too polite to say they hate brits but mutter it amongst themselves

Or, as my extensive experience has shown me, they may not actually hate us at all?

You are entitled to your views, Chester, but are you seriously suggesting that we should never go abroad and no one from overseas should visit us? Really? Blimey, that's a sad old state of affairs and no mistake.

No marvelling at the northern lights after a day spent watching killer whales? No bobbing about in a Louisiana pirogue as the sun melts into the bayou, no Grand Canyon and the adjacent madness of Las Vegas, no Paris and the Louvre and absolutely no magnificent overseas memories to replay in my head for the rest of my life? Oh no, I don't fancy that life at all, mate.

Is that really what you meant? Apologies if not.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

no no need for anything honest you wont die because you didn't go abroad ,honest :D

finish exploring our island before you bother foreigners we have marvels as well you know ,nature designed tribes to be tribes ,melting pots no way best keep foreigners at arms lengths they bring diseases and customs that we shouldnt see or obtain.

you can go abroad but please tell them i really dont need to see them in return ,let them stay in your house :D

i mean what i say i dont go over there i really dont want them here nor their whales or natural phenomena either ,the web is the world theres no need to set foot outside your door.

if you really need to throw money away why not send it to me a countryman than give it to a foreigner ,could be seen as very unpatriotic ,soon you will be dead if your lucky all that money and recollections will be remembered til the instant you die but it still will be a waste of money after you shuffle of this mortal coil ,foreign IMHO is best left to foreigners and hopefully vice versa in their minds

not so long ago to hear different tongues you went to different countries ,you deliberately went to foreign countries now all you need is visit bloody aldershot boot fair ,i didnt want to go to hear different tongues abroad by going there so i dont want to fooking hear them in aldershot! even if its bloody free :angry:

you can do what you wish but in chesters1 world the gates to britain would be exit only

i have been abroad my old boss probably got some weird amusement sending me there ,did i want to go abroad not on you nellie just as i dont want to visit wales or guildford or any other place ,i'm quite happy to sit at home i dont need amusement bar the odd wind up certainly i have no need for foreigners just as i dont need neighbours i'm happy just as i am harming no-one and hoping everyone (especially bloody foreigners) leaves me alone as well ,wont work though the moslems are gathering as i speak did i **** them off in their country NO so why are they allowed to **** me off in mine

i can see a foreign country from folkestone i only wish foreigners were as nice and only looked across the channel at me.

i suppose to a folkestonian i am a foreigner but i have the grace not to live in the town rather "roughing" it in a tent in the warren ,saying that most of folkestone is londoners with a fear of getting their feet wet so i'm well at home :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

...the web is the world theres no need to set foot outside your door.

Doesn't that make fishing a bit tricky, though? B)

I've seen the web and I've seen a fair bit of the world, and take it from me, Chesters, the web isn't the world, mate. Not even with best monitor and sound system, like, ever. ;)

'soon you will be dead if your lucky all that money and recollections will be remembered til the instant you die but it still will be a waste of money after you shuffle of this mortal coil'

Erm...isn't everything that brings fond recollection therefore a waste of money? Should we not bother having good times, because they're no use after we're dead? The inhabitants of Chesters World would make the Amish look like ravers, no? :huh:

I always knew travel broadens the mind, but I was unaware that the opposite effect is also present. B)

Party on, dude! :D

amish and their bloody london ways ,fishing well nearly ,the rivers just over the field so with a hoofing cast and a pair of bino's perhaps .

OK make it ten miles i can live (bar the odd trip to folkestone) easily in a ten mile circumference just as our forebears did ,thats including fishing bootfairs hospitals everything ,no need to go abroad or indeed the county if i wish (except to hear poxy foreigners in hampshire) :D

hopefully your memories will last to your last gasp it would be unfortunate if you were killed by a foreign virus before you stocked up on them ,party on dude but dont bring any furriners back with you or indeed even give directions to here :D

HMMMM very slow today posting perhaps someones checking i'm not being too naughty :D

perhaps its genetic my parents always said i'd never amount to much and in reality i cant be bothered to prove them wrong :lol:

my dad was only part time until i was nine so perhaps his naval travellings were enough for the family ,someone will invent a disease of which i have the symptoms ,he disliked foreigners as well something to do with suez :D perhaps they were a little **** of with his meddling as well

Edited by chesters1

amish and their bloody london ways ,fishing well nearly ,the rivers just over the field so with a hoofing cast and a pair of bino's perhaps .

OK make it ten miles i can live (bar the odd trip to folkestone) easily in a ten mile circumference just as our forebears did ,thats including fishing bootfairs hospitals everything ,no need to go abroad or indeed the county if i wish (except to hear poxy foreigners in hampshire) :D

hopefully your memories will last to your last gasp it would be unfortunate if you were killed by a foreign virus before you stocked up on them ,party on dude but dont bring any furriners back with you or indeed even give directions to here :D

HMMMM very slow today posting perhaps someones checking i'm not being too naughty :D

Ah the days of our forebears.

How this nation must miss rickets, child labour, the Thames filled with invigorating sewage and the constant stimulation of avoiding plagues.

Them wuz the days, eh Chesters? ;)

*Goes all misty-eyed and that...*