Best Place To Buy Cameras?

Elton

I'm just looking at the moment, and pondering, but if you were after a new digital SLR body, what would be the number one shop to try? It would be handy for me to get a good idea of prices. A couple of mates were talking yesterday about how they'd both been ripped off online, so I'm VERY wary about using Google just to find the lowest price on this one.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I ordered a tripod and remote for my camera from Camerabox on May 14, for Wingham. The remote arrived fairly quickly, but the tripod required two chasing emails (pointing out that their website still listed it as in stock) before it was finally delivered around June 16th. Draw your own conclusions on whether I will use them again ;)

:lol::D:lol:

:whistling:

Anyway.......thanks for the link :D

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Bought my camera through Amazon. You obviously can't try before you buy, but I knew exactly what I wanted anyway. You can also keep going back over a few months and track the price (if you're that patient), in doing so I noticed the price drop significantly and jumped in quick.

Rob.

If I do upgrade, it will be to a Canon EOS 50D or 7D, I'm not sure which yet. I had a quick look through the features of both, but will (obviously) do a bit more research.

If I do upgrade, it will be to a Canon EOS 50D or 7D, I'm not sure which yet. I had a quick look through the features of both, but will (obviously) do a bit more research.

If your going to upgrade to either go for the 7D its what I did after a fair bit of research and after speaking to various people who owned one and in one case someone who own both a 50D and a 7D, there is only one down side to the 7D I've found and that is the batteries are chipped so although if you hunt around for them you can actually get copies they can't be charged using canons own charger, the battery charge level on the lcd display doesn't function with them and neither do a few other things (minor quibbles but annoying enough to put me off them) so your better off using genuine canon batteries (at about £60 a pop unfortunately) apart from this its a superb camera imo far better than the 50D(which in some ways isn't actually as good as the 40D).

reviews here and here

Oh yes I bought mine from the Focus on Imaging show at the NEC in Birmingham(If you can wait for it to come around you can get some good deals there).

Edited by snakey1

Cheers, Snakey. That's a bit crap about the batteries. They shouldn't be allowed to do that. £60 is just ridiculous!

Yeah it peed me off especially since as far as I know only the 7D & the 5D MKII are affected as they use the same type of battery (you can even get cheap copies for the 1Ds MkIII), still a cracking camera though.