Bass with less than favourable conditions

glennk

With the swell dropping and water clearing we decided on another bass session. I must admit that when I saw the conditions I was not overly optomistic as I felt there was too much swell. However the gruesome twosome, Dan and Damo told us that they had caught bass in far heavier conditions and that we just needed to apply a bit of effort.

Kettlenessbass056.jpg

The first few hours were fairly boring with not a single take. Then as dusk began to fall Dan took the first fish of the day on his trusted Yo Zuri Crystal minnow.

Kettlenessbass065.jpg

For some reason Dan then vacated his spot, so I quickly jumped in and it wasnt long before I hit a nice fish of 4lb that gave me a bit of a run around before I got it on the shore.

Dan then decided to come back and join me and he was soon into a second. As the light faded we all hit more fish and it was clear they were feeding very close in, with my second taking the plug just as I went to lift it out of the water.

Kettlenessbass067.jpg

Mike who had been struggling with the zonk, changed tactics and soon found a bass and a herring on a maria chase bw. However the lure of the day appeared to be the yo zuri crystal minnow with myself and Dan taking 3 bass each.

Kettlenessbass062.jpg

Another great evenings fishing on the Yorkshire coast, and hopefully bigger bass to come in the next few weeks.

Kettlenessbass071.jpg

Kettlenessbass032.jpg

Kettlenessbass009.jpg

Nice report and pics, Glenn :thumbs:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Just a few more snaps that I missed from August.

Schoolie for Mike at Sandsend

bass-august001.jpg

bass-august004.jpg

New Venue, new rope

bass-august006.jpg

One move and the bass gets it.

width=599 height=800http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/big_cod/2010/bass-august011.jpg[/img]

3lb 10oz for me on a new Yo Zuri

bass-august010.jpg

Mike Shows how its done. This is him getting his first fish on his new Zonk

bass-august015.jpg

bass-august016.jpg

bass-august021.jpg

Just a few more snaps that I missed from August.

Schoolie for Mike at Sandsend

bass-august001.jpg

bass-august004.jpg

New Venue, new rope

bass-august006.jpg

One move and the bass gets it.

width=599 height=800http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/big_cod/2010/bass-august011.jpg[/img]

3lb 10oz for me on a new Yo Zuri

bass-august010.jpg

Mike Shows how its done. This is him getting his first fish on his new Zonk

bass-august015.jpg

bass-august016.jpg

bass-august021.jpg

Some cracking pictures of mike glen looks great fun kettleness isnt just one hell of cod mark the bass fishing there is also excellent.

pul

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg