method feeder fishing

method addict

Afternoon all.

I've just started fishing and love the method feeder.

Can i still use it in the winter? How do I cut down on the amount of feed I use.

The mould thingy's ( :rolleyes: ) use the same amount every time.

Thanx for your help.

You can actually buy method feeders that do not require moulds which are a better way to dictate how much bait you use per cast. Failing that you can always use a cage feeder setup instead using a large or small cage, whichever suits your needs. As to using them in winter there is nothing stopping you from doing so but be aware that bait can take much longer to break down if not made light enough due to the reduced water temperature as the oils in the bait will not be as free flowing. Aswell as this is the fact that fish do not feed as heavily in winter so you dont want to feed them off by using too much bait on a feeder. Just some food for thought.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

You just have to ask for a light mix at your tackle shop. I usually use one called carp 2000. Its great. I also use it on rivers as it is a very good mix of particles and sweet smelling flavours.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk