Great Yarmouth/Gorleston

Renrag39

Like the title says, is it worth fishing GY or gorleston pier or beach nowadays? What am I likely to catch this time of year? Have a 12' Beachcaster set up and a heavy duty pike/lure outfit too. Should I give the lures a go or just use bait? If so, what works for what fish?

Haven't been sea fishing for yonks so I'm well out of touch with it.

Sorry for all the questions,

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Fished from Gorleston pier many a time, from the bend next to the old light house up to the round end.

It is hit and miss, many a species landed, in all states of the tides and in all weathers.

Fished throughout the night and had great sport with whiting keeping us busy.

Some nice Codling off the round end, with Bass from along the pier, from the lookout station around to the RNLI.

If you walk up to the end of the round end then fish facing South East, a good cast will put you into fish. Have another baited rod fishing down the side, good Cod and Bass have been caught here.

Good Luck :thumbs:

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif